Homehabit - New dashboard app for Android

It should ignore anything non-standard.
Does it connect and stays connected for a short time or always "connecting" state?
Do you see any items when trying to add a widget?

I've just come across this thread.
Just a query for you guys that are using it.
Can you control devices with this app? (Turn lights/switches on/off)
What does this give that the inbuilt Dashboard doesn't.
I'm not being in anyway critical/controversial. I haven't tried so I genuinely don't know and before I start loading another app onto my phone and configuring my devices into MakerAPI I would just like to know the pros and cons before I jump in.
Thanks guys and gals. :smile:

It connects for a short time and then disconnects and tried to reconnect. I could not see anything when trying to add a widget.

Got it, thanks for the info. I will keep looking for a possible root cause, will update.

1 Like

@igor If I enable more than about 60 devices in Maker API, I start seeing the frequent connects/disconnects in the app and I'm unable to bind anything in the widgets. Under that number of devices, things are stable.
Hope that helps a little.

@bjcowles that's good piece of information. Thanks!

Question for everybody who has connection issues from the app: did you try connecting through cloud API and does it have the same problem?
Any info is appreciated.

I had a lot of connect/disconnect issues across all platforms HE HA OH. I also had SSL issues with HomeAssistant. Less than 10 devices used. I deleted and reinstalled the app and it seems to be working well again.

I have cloud API detail entered but haven't used it yet as it's auto selecting local.

@kevin thank you for the information!

1 Like

I input both URLs. Are you only supposed to input one?

@Ryan780 no, both is fine. The app will connect to the cloud when on non-local connection.

I only tried it local.

So can someone show me how to set this up because I’m lost on what to input into the URLs

It’s coming up connected but I don’t know how to add widgets at all

1 Like

@codyhamlyn If the platform is shown as connected, it means you put the right thing into URLs.
After that you can create one or more dashboards (in the navigation drawer) and then edit dashboards to add widgets.

Then, you can either start by selecting widget type or search for specific device in the top box.

If you don't see any devices after taping "select item...", there might be a problem with connection.
Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Can’t see anything

@codyhamlyn try tapping on dashboard in a place you want to add a widget, it should "select" that space and you would be able to tap again to add widget

When you added Maker API, did you select all the devices you wanted to expose? Like this:

5 Likes

LOL. OK, fine, I'll edit.

1 Like

Any answer to this?

And this.
TIA. :smile: