Homebridge Plug-in

Shouldn't this be "https://"? Not sure if that is the problem but you may want to try correcting that.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t post your url and access code.

You can copy and paste the relevant parts from the app in Hubitat

2 Likes

Good eye!

Hello
First time installing homebridge. Was able to get it up and running.
Facing an issue on the last step where the devices are getting pushed from Hubitat to homebridge.
An error is showing up on the HE log:

No devices are showing up on my homekit app so far, guessing this is the issue.
homebridge config has been updated.

I'm a longtime HomeBridge user and am having some trouble adding a new Garadget (garage door controller) device that I installed today. I'm using @jrfarrar's garadget device handler in the package manager, which appears to be working well outside of my home bridge problem.

I keep getting an error about duplicate device detection with null values both in the Garage Doors and Lights categories whenever I add the garage door.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 4.38.43 PM

Just curious if anyone using Homebridge is also using a Ubiquiti Unifi UDM based network? I just had to revert my UDM from 1.8.3 to 1.7.2 in order to get Homebridge working again with iOS. The communications to Hubitat were fine, but iOS on my iPhone and iPad were no longer communicating with my Homebridge server. I am not 100% sure if the problem was with 1.8.3, or tweaks I had made once I upgraded to 1.8.3. Reverting back to UDM 1.7.2 and restoring the corresponding Controller backup instantly restored iOS's ability to communicate with Homebridge.

Just curious if anyone has Homebridge working successfully with UDM 1.8.3? Thanks!

Just in case this is somehow helpful information: I have a Linksys Velop AX router and run Homebridge from an always on Windows 10 PC. Since I switched to Tonesto7's Homebridge app and plugin, I have had to disable the Windows firewall for this to work. I know this is a terrible solution, and definitely not a long term one, but haven't had time to troubleshoot.

1 Like

just add an exception for node.exe to your windows firewall and you should be able to enable the firewall again

1 Like

I have a UDM pro running 1.8.3 that's running excellent with Homebridge.

What switches and AP's do you have? I assume you have UAP's and assume you are running 4.x firmware. You may need to update to v5.x beta. There were some issues with 4.x and apple devices

1 Like

I have all Unifi switches and access points. They are all running 4.3.20.11289, IIRC. All working perfectly with the UDM on 1.7.2.

Glad to hear 1.8.3 is working for you. This gives me hope that I won’t be stuck forever. Perhaps, I screwed something up with the WiFi changes required due to the controller being upgraded to 6.x with 1.8.3. Or, maybe I need to upgrade my switches and APs to 5.x along with the UDM being at 1.8.3.

In any event, I appreciate your timely response! I now have a new challenge that I know can be overcome!

It was rocky with the latest beta's but UI has been busting their hump to get this stuff stable. It's nice that they can finally release controller 6.x and the 5.x USW/UAP firmware.
I've only had my UI gear for a few months but this equipment is the best investment I've ever made in technology.

1 Like

That fixed it. I thought I had already done that, but it wasn't there. I appreciate the assistance.

1 Like

I have a smartthings button in my device list on HE, but when I try to configure it as a button in the homebridge plugin, the list of buttons is empty and the button doesn't show up as a switch. Has anybody else successfully exported a smartthings button to homebridge?

Last I checked, this Homebridge plugin doesn’t support buttons yet. If you want to add it, you will probably need to use a virtual switch on the Hubitat side that is triggered by the Smartthings button. Add the virtual switch to Homebridge.

@EdMcW Ah ok. There is a section for buttons in the config, but it is empty.
Since I am just starting hooking up homekit and homebridge, maybe I will go try the makerAPI app then. I was trying to figure out if there was an advantage in picking one or the other app.

Just a quick update... I was able to successfully get all of my UniFi switches and access points upgraded to 5.x released firmware, and then my UDM to 1.8.3. HomeBridge is behaving well. Not sure what went wrong the first time I tried 1.8.3...but glad it is now working correctly.

Thanks again @tonesto7 for sharing your experience, as that gave me confidence to try the upgrade a second time.

2 Likes

I switched from the MakerAPI plugin to @tonesto7's when he made it available. Both work great, but I really like the ability to filter capabilities out in the GUI, and how much more quickly new devices show up in Homekit after you add them.

1 Like

Good morning,

I recently updated to the latest version and now my inovelli fans dont work correctly.
Before update i had 3 tiles in home kit per fan, one for fan light, one for fan and one for both fan and light.

After update i still have 3 tiles but
1st tile now has light and fan, 2nd tile has just fan (like before) 3rd tile has both but it doesnt controll the light or the fan. kinda dead icons.

The 1st tile when i turn on the light all the way up it also makes the fan turn on... Any ideas how can i correct this?

I recently streamlined the way fans were detected and removed all the old SmartThings related items for detection. Nothing should have changed that I can think of.

I have never had good luck with combined fan and light controls in a single accessory.

Thank you for your reply.... Anyway for me to revert back? I really liked the way it was working before.