Homebridge Plug-in

I’m interested.

1 Like

Nice, I'm interested. Am I correct in assuming that it will be possible to remove capabilities/attributes at the Hubitat app end and not in the Homebridge config file?

1 Like

Count me in as well! Would love to test this out.

Awesome, thank you for your response. Very interested.

Hi -

Doing a fresh build today and seeing this in the log ....

[10/26/2020, 17:24:42] [Hubitat-v2] Hubitat-v2 Plugin is not Configured | Skipping...

config.json looks correct to me; thoughts?

I haven't officially released 2.4 yet.

I figured I might be jumping the gun.

Thank you for the great work!

I was going to release tonight but i'm seeing some weirdness with fan speeds that I want to sort before releasing

I'm having the same issue as @jimwaid, is there a way to download a previous version of the homebridge plugin until you release the new Hubitat app?

I'm not sure why npm is installing a beta version, but I'm working on the last few bugs in the new version and should have it released before this evening.

2 Likes

How did you know it was my birthday?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Quick question. Do this plug-in allow the use of buttons in HomeKit? The other plugin versions do not. Thanks!

Getting an interesting output on the homebridge with the hubitat plugin: "[Hubitat-v2] INFO: powerSource: undefined"

Any idea's why it would say this?

1 Like

That’s my bad. It’s a leftover debug output that I forgot to comment out. It’s completely harmless

Lol. Let me answer your question with a question.

How do you visualize buttons working under HomeKit?

What do I visualize them to look like, physically, or what would I visualize using them for? I have it integrated with my RadioRa 2 system which uses buttons for scenes. Would be great to have a button in HomeKit I could map to a button push on a Lutron keypad or Pico.

@mikepalmer-vnd and @tonesto7 - I’ve implemented several of those as ‘retractable switches’ - basically a switch that turns on and then auto turns off after a second or two.
If it (kinda) looks like a button and behaves like a button - it must be a button :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few months ago I upgraded my Starling hub (Nest integration with HomeKit) and a button popped up. It's used for automations so you can do an action when the front door button is pressed. That was before I upgraded to IOS 14. Now, that button is gone and am guessing buttons were never really supported with HomeKit. Bummer.

@9369292f1992a7d0e654 , Thanks for the suggestion.

I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.
Homebridge V2 was working after I did the last update everything crashed .
Here are the error and Jason file. Anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

11/24/2020, 12:41:10 PM] Loading 2 platforms...
[11/24/2020, 12:41:10 PM] Error loading platform requested in your config.json at position 1
[11/24/2020, 12:41:10 PM] Error: The requested platform 'Hubitat' was not registered by any plugin.
at PluginManager.getPluginForPlatform (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/pluginManager.ts:224:15)
at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:387:37
at Array.forEach ()
at Server.loadPlatforms (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:374:27)
at Server.start (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:153:29)
at cli (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/cli.ts:80:10)
at Object. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1063:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1092:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:928:32)

{
"bridge": {
"name": "Homebridge C862",
"username": "0E:85:AF:57:C8:62",
"port": 51377,
"pin": "704-35-511"
},
"accessories": [],
"platforms": [
{
"name": "Hubitat",
"platform": "Hubitat",
"app_url_local": "http://192.168.0.156/apps/api/",
"app_url_cloud": "thhps://cloud.hubitat.com/api/e82041e7-a7f8-4461-95ea-74b6785a16dd/apps/",
"app_id": 533,
"app_platform": "Hubitat",
"use_cloud": false,
"access_token": "dd35dc80-a53e-46d7-9ab1-ad7fe905a1cc",
"temperature_unit": "F",
"validateTokenid": false,
"logConfig": {
"debug": false,
"showChanges": true,
"hideTimestamp": false,
"hideNamePrefix": false,
"file": {