Homebridge Plug-in

I figured I might be jumping the gun.

Thank you for the great work!

I was going to release tonight but i'm seeing some weirdness with fan speeds that I want to sort before releasing

I'm having the same issue as @jimwaid, is there a way to download a previous version of the homebridge plugin until you release the new Hubitat app?

I'm not sure why npm is installing a beta version, but I'm working on the last few bugs in the new version and should have it released before this evening.

2 Likes

How did you know it was my birthday?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Quick question. Do this plug-in allow the use of buttons in HomeKit? The other plugin versions do not. Thanks!

Getting an interesting output on the homebridge with the hubitat plugin: "[Hubitat-v2] INFO: powerSource: undefined"

Any idea's why it would say this?

1 Like

That’s my bad. It’s a leftover debug output that I forgot to comment out. It’s completely harmless

Lol. Let me answer your question with a question.

How do you visualize buttons working under HomeKit?

What do I visualize them to look like, physically, or what would I visualize using them for? I have it integrated with my RadioRa 2 system which uses buttons for scenes. Would be great to have a button in HomeKit I could map to a button push on a Lutron keypad or Pico.

@mikepalmer-vnd and @tonesto7 - I’ve implemented several of those as ‘retractable switches’ - basically a switch that turns on and then auto turns off after a second or two.
If it (kinda) looks like a button and behaves like a button - it must be a button :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few months ago I upgraded my Starling hub (Nest integration with HomeKit) and a button popped up. It's used for automations so you can do an action when the front door button is pressed. That was before I upgraded to IOS 14. Now, that button is gone and am guessing buttons were never really supported with HomeKit. Bummer.

@9369292f1992a7d0e654 , Thanks for the suggestion.

I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.
Homebridge V2 was working after I did the last update everything crashed .
Here are the error and Jason file. Anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

11/24/2020, 12:41:10 PM] Loading 2 platforms...
[11/24/2020, 12:41:10 PM] Error loading platform requested in your config.json at position 1
[11/24/2020, 12:41:10 PM] Error: The requested platform 'Hubitat' was not registered by any plugin.
at PluginManager.getPluginForPlatform (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/pluginManager.ts:224:15)
at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:387:37
at Array.forEach ()
at Server.loadPlatforms (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:374:27)
at Server.start (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:153:29)
at cli (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/cli.ts:80:10)
at Object. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1063:30)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1092:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:928:32)

{
"bridge": {
"name": "Homebridge C862",
"username": "0E:85:AF:57:C8:62",
"port": 51377,
"pin": "704-35-511"
},
"accessories": [],
"platforms": [
{
"name": "Hubitat",
"platform": "Hubitat",
"app_url_local": "http://192.168.0.156/apps/api/",
"app_url_cloud": "thhps://cloud.hubitat.com/api/e82041e7-a7f8-4461-95ea-74b6785a16dd/apps/",
"app_id": 533,
"app_platform": "Hubitat",
"use_cloud": false,
"access_token": "dd35dc80-a53e-46d7-9ab1-ad7fe905a1cc",
"temperature_unit": "F",
"validateTokenid": false,
"logConfig": {
"debug": false,
"showChanges": true,
"hideTimestamp": false,
"hideNamePrefix": false,
"file": {
"enabled": true
}
}
},
{
"name": "config",
"port": 8581,
"platform": "config"
}
]
}

Shouldn't this be "https://"? Not sure if that is the problem but you may want to try correcting that.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t post your url and access code.

You can copy and paste the relevant parts from the app in Hubitat

2 Likes

Good eye!

Hello
First time installing homebridge. Was able to get it up and running.
Facing an issue on the last step where the devices are getting pushed from Hubitat to homebridge.
An error is showing up on the HE log:

No devices are showing up on my homekit app so far, guessing this is the issue.
homebridge config has been updated.

I'm a longtime HomeBridge user and am having some trouble adding a new Garadget (garage door controller) device that I installed today. I'm using @jrfarrar's garadget device handler in the package manager, which appears to be working well outside of my home bridge problem.

I keep getting an error about duplicate device detection with null values both in the Garage Doors and Lights categories whenever I add the garage door.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 4.38.43 PM

Just curious if anyone using Homebridge is also using a Ubiquiti Unifi UDM based network? I just had to revert my UDM from 1.8.3 to 1.7.2 in order to get Homebridge working again with iOS. The communications to Hubitat were fine, but iOS on my iPhone and iPad were no longer communicating with my Homebridge server. I am not 100% sure if the problem was with 1.8.3, or tweaks I had made once I upgraded to 1.8.3. Reverting back to UDM 1.7.2 and restoring the corresponding Controller backup instantly restored iOS's ability to communicate with Homebridge.

Just curious if anyone has Homebridge working successfully with UDM 1.8.3? Thanks!