Here we go again & again

I've had some trouble with the UZB 7 and PC Controller and getting it to pair with HE but it's probably me - I might recommend the Aeotec Z-Stick instead. You can also manually exclude devices without the HE hub.

The UZB3 stick is good for zniffing once you replace the firmware.

2 Likes

I also recommend the Zooz S2 Stick.
One tip:
When you first pair your zwave controller (whichever one you have), try and do the pairing as close as possible to the Hubitat Hub. There is a lot of information that is being transferred From the Hubitat Hub to the stick, and that takes time. That time may be greater than the partial 60 seconds that you get for pairing, so it may be only "partially" paired (or paired incompletely). If that happens, you must "unpair" and try again.

2 Likes

My latest errors, with extremely slow hub tonight (crawling along like a snail). Seems to be some type of dashboard error. Error messages dont really help identify the issue. I dont have a dashboard called "dashboardDevices2" so I have no idea what that is referring to...

Any idea welcome.

SQL errors. Database problems???????

what, again?!?!? Sigh. This bl00dy hub.

You sure it's not custom code?

I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there.
Do a backup and soft reset maybe.
I must admit I've not had one of these for months now. :crossed_fingers:

how to be sure of anything with such cryptic error messages?
what does it mean? Which device or app or dashboard is causing the issue?

App 9... :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, seems like the best next step (again) :slight_smile:

great, really useful :japanese_goblin:

Joking aside, the error occurs in the object dashboardDevices2 inside the Dashboard App. This is a DB corruption error. Soft Reset with the Restore is all you can do. Is this happening often?

Didn't see this specific issue before. But yeah, it seems I've had my fair (or maybe unfair) share of issues. Hence this thread. The only major change I've made in the last few hours is adding the Withings app and adding an additional evensocket action to toggle some images based on presence on the sleep pads.

It would be helpful if the specific dashboard was identified instead of "dashboardDevices2" which means nothing to me.
Anyway, I will try a soft reset again I guess.

Yes, I have seen you have more than your fair share of issues. What I mean is, do you get JdbcSQL.Exception errors frequently?

It's inside the Parent Dashboard App. Not an issue with a specific Dashboard. :frowning:

Yes, but if these errors with the DB are frequent, other things might need to be considered. I'm going to bed now, but if you haven't checked the HE temperature, cables and power supply, that might be good to do.

Thanks Markus. Appreciate the input.
But all these checks have been done before, as per the notes above (appreciate its a very long thread now).

It is, and I'm not going to re-read it on my phone... There is the full factory restore procedure left to do if this is a frequent occurrence, but I've not seen a full explanation as to what it does, exactly. For soft reset I believe the DB file is deleted and then set to defaults. If the recurring corruption is due to some issue in the underlying OS, maybe a factory reset can fix that? The question is, what exactly that factory reset does... I'll see about that tomorrow, I'm sure someone knows.

Will try a soft reset now.
Thanks again.

Deletes everything. Re-downloads a new copy of the platform to the HE.

1 Like

Including the OS? Or is it just the platform that is re-downloaded after having had everything deleted?