Help with Virtual Thermostat

Never did that before need help there 2

Is there any step by step guide many I bite more then I can chew here not sure I went the right way with hubitat

Check out the YouTube channel

Thanks but got it workin somewhat with someone's v thermostat parent and child apps conecting the sensors and all just. Not sure if it's working like I wanna using iris buttons as temp sensors not sure if that's the reason the temp from the thermostat dont update often enough but thanks

Since the virtual thermostat update app is depreciated how do you "link" a temp sensor to the virtual thermostat?

The rule machine methods should work.

Do you have an example of how RM, Virtual Thermostat, temp sensor, switch interact to keep a consistant temperature? I am having a hard time understanding how / when the thermostat knows when to change state without being "linked" to the temp sensor. Sorry if I am being dense. I was using Virtual temp updater and it worked really well until I needed to move it to my new C7, I was happy then :slight_smile:

You might try this option

If that doesn’t work, I can comb through stuff to find rm examples

I have been trying to make that work for 2 days. If will not work above 80F. I am trying to control my hot water and that needs to be between 140 and 160F. No matter what it will not activate the relay I have to turn on my boiler. I am using it for room heat in two rooms and it works fine for them.