Help with Virtual Thermostat

@napalmcsr i saw a code you shared to control pool pump, but I dont understand why does include a "fan" option. What does this means? I use a heavy duty relay + Rule.
thanks

The only other gotcha is the hysterisis setting on the virtual thermostat. If it is not set to 0, then the temperature will go below the setpoint before going into heating.

You are the first person to notice my typos since I put this out there! Fans should be pump! I copied code from my Humidity Fan app. The app works fine...

Unless you live in the southern hemisphere...

jajaja I do, Chile...

ooh ok! :joy: :wink:

Easy enough to change if you want to use it. I set the calendar seasons for the northern hemisphere... But that is only if you want to change how long the pump runs in the winter versus the summer.

did minor changes, im going to try it. thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

I'll take a look at adding in southern hemisphere code:)

thanks, i appreciate it.

updated to Seasonal Pool Controller 1.1 for southern Hemisphere support

Sweet! thanks, i appreciate your help. I just installed, it will turn on later and I will report back.

PS. it was a bit difficult to find it, you have it under " SmartHumidityFan" and I was looking at Pool Controller. :slight_smile:

It should be this link
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/napalmcsr/Hubitat_Napalmcsr/master/Apps/PoolController/PoolController.src

i think this one is not the latest, it doesnt include the hemisphere option.
thanks

You are correct, I really messed that up. All fixed now...

hi @napalmcsr what months do you consider hot or cold? Right now is considered cold and I think is not considering it. Where in the code I can modify that? Thanks!

Lines 112 to 128 since you are southern hemisphere, you need to add 6 to the month

Cant figure that part out not sure how to make my virtual thermostat temp sink with my room sensor need help really

Using rule machine, here is an example:
MBR: motion is the temperature sensor
Thermostat: MBR is the virtual thermostat.
MBR_Temperature is a local variable.

1 Like

My bedroom motion is where I wanna get my temp from master bedroom thermostat is the virtual thermostat and not sure about the local variable thing