Help with Virtual Thermostat

updated to Seasonal Pool Controller 1.1 for southern Hemisphere support

Sweet! thanks, i appreciate your help. I just installed, it will turn on later and I will report back.

PS. it was a bit difficult to find it, you have it under " SmartHumidityFan" and I was looking at Pool Controller. :slight_smile:

It should be this link
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/napalmcsr/Hubitat_Napalmcsr/master/Apps/PoolController/PoolController.src

i think this one is not the latest, it doesnt include the hemisphere option.
thanks

You are correct, I really messed that up. All fixed now...

hi @napalmcsr what months do you consider hot or cold? Right now is considered cold and I think is not considering it. Where in the code I can modify that? Thanks!

Lines 112 to 128 since you are southern hemisphere, you need to add 6 to the month

Cant figure that part out not sure how to make my virtual thermostat temp sink with my room sensor need help really

Using rule machine, here is an example:
MBR: motion is the temperature sensor
Thermostat: MBR is the virtual thermostat.
MBR_Temperature is a local variable.

1 Like

My bedroom motion is where I wanna get my temp from master bedroom thermostat is the virtual thermostat and not sure about the local variable thing

Never did that before need help there 2

Is there any step by step guide many I bite more then I can chew here not sure I went the right way with hubitat

Check out the YouTube channel

Thanks but got it workin somewhat with someone's v thermostat parent and child apps conecting the sensors and all just. Not sure if it's working like I wanna using iris buttons as temp sensors not sure if that's the reason the temp from the thermostat dont update often enough but thanks

Since the virtual thermostat update app is depreciated how do you "link" a temp sensor to the virtual thermostat?

The rule machine methods should work.

Do you have an example of how RM, Virtual Thermostat, temp sensor, switch interact to keep a consistant temperature? I am having a hard time understanding how / when the thermostat knows when to change state without being "linked" to the temp sensor. Sorry if I am being dense. I was using Virtual temp updater and it worked really well until I needed to move it to my new C7, I was happy then :slight_smile:

You might try this option

If that doesn’t work, I can comb through stuff to find rm examples

I have been trying to make that work for 2 days. If will not work above 80F. I am trying to control my hot water and that needs to be between 140 and 160F. No matter what it will not activate the relay I have to turn on my boiler. I am using it for room heat in two rooms and it works fine for them.