Help please im so lost

Hope this helps:

In the example below, the hub (node "01") is communicating with node "1B" by using node "0F" as a repeater.

But in the table you showed, it isn't clear how the hub is communicating with nodes "2D" and "31", i.e "Back Porch Lights" and " South Hallway Lights".

5 Likes

Ok it makes sense. I did a repair and got this

I suggested doing a repair on just two those nodes. Not your entire mesh. But that's ok. Wait till the morning, and then do a repair on just both those nodes. Wait until the first node completes before doing a repair on the second.

2 Likes

Ok i wido that. You have any clue to why from the App when i turn a light off or on the app icon blinks and wont stop blinking. The light does turn off or on but the button just keeps blinking

Which button is blinking? On which app?

The main app its the master bath sink lights and the master bath shower. Do you use this app or do you use the dashboard

Unfortunately, neither. So I cannot be of help to you with this issue.

2 Likes

In addition to the overnight wait, before you go to bed, shut down your hub from the Settings menu, pull power at the wall (hub USB plug can be fragile) wait a few minutes, then plug in and let it boot up. That may help with the devices without routing.

3 Likes

@Huffy I'm with @aaiyar I would re pair everything without security except for locks and garage door stuff. Things will be much snappier and your mesh happier.

1 Like

Is it possible that one of your z-wave details screenshot is missing? I see nodes in the repair that are not in the details list, from 34 to 3Cā€¦

3 Likes

Every one of my devices has security. If you have security will the repair not work

Ok thank you for your help..

1 Like

I think i have a couple pages i didnt screen shot. I have 60 devices and a little laptop with a worn out touchpad. Im going to work on getting them all this morning

2 Likes

No, it will work. The problem with encryption (S0 more so than S2) is that adds extra messages between the controller (hub) and the encrypted device, making it take longer to perform commands. Occasionally, it could cause missed commands, or the repair to time out. The advantage of using a Z-Wave Plus v2 controller, is that repair is not needed as it used to on older Z-Wave versions. Manually triggering the repair may speed up the process of rebuilding routes. If you move devices around I recommend performing repair on specific device, rather than entire mesh.

4 Likes

I would stop and make a decision if you want to take the risk of having delays or possibly missed commands in the future due to S2 encryption. If you don't want to take the risk, I would redo your mesh now, before you move forward. If latency isn't a problem, then you can move on.

Also don't move on until every device you have included is working and the repair is successful. Adding more devices when the mesh is not 100% healthy will cause headaches in the future.

5 Likes

Use the snip tool on your web browser. Makes it easier :slight_smile:

It will work, but the issue is overhead. Honestly security on a light switch is not necessary and z-wave doesn't provide a path to your lan. If someone is close enough to sniff your z-wave network you will see them from your window or they're on the front porch camped out with a computer. I don't need to sniff your network if I'm that close, I can see what lights you turn on or off. Locks and garage door stuff is the only stuff that should remain encrypted.

2 Likes