HELP! All device fallen off the Zigbee mesh at once - Oz Hubitat user

Good idea... also make sure the hub isn't very close to your wifi router. Regardless of channel, the sidelobe interference can cause problems if the hub and wifi router are closer than a meter or so. I have seen this phenomenon first hand with a buddy's SmartThings setup (even though my own arrangement is pretty close to violating this advice).

2 Likes

This seems to be a problem with the Nue switches, I have tried adding an Ikea bulb after & a Sonoff Motion Sensor & they both still work. I just now added a 4 gang switch & it just stayed on for a minute & turned off.

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Bedroom Lamp, 649F], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[null, 757B], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Family Switch, 8C8B], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0
[null, F0DA], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:0

I have made sure that the hub is at least 1 meter away from my Access point. The Hub was working in its current place for about a year.

I have tried turning off all Wi-fi access points & still no luck.

All other Nue switches are hard-wired to the wall, The best I can do is to turn off Mains for say 2-5 minutes & turn the mains on to see if resets all of them

Ah... someone else had issues with their Nue devices a while back. Check out this thread: Nue Zigbee Dimmer falling off the mesh, errors in the log - Get Help / Devices - Hubitat

Not sure if this problem was ever resolved, unfortunately.

Thanks for sharing this, but doesn't look like they were able to get anywhere with the dimmer issue. I have called the 3A guys, going in this arvo with the I.C. He suggested that a firmware update may be able to fix this.

I will keep you guys posted.

2 Likes

Had to Google that one. I haven't been to Oz since 1991, have forgotten lots.. lol.

2 Likes

Ok, I have all my switches working Finally!!!

1. Took the switches to 3A Smart home.
  2. The guy plugged in all the switches & flashed them with a device he had with him.

I got them back hoping they paired/stayed connected. I put them all back on & paired them. They all paired successfully & now stay connected.

Neighbor Table entry looks a lot better now!!!

Neighbor Table Entry
[Upstairs Common Area Switch, 0AAD], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Family Switch, 0D89], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Upstairs Bathroom Switch, 227C], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Formal Switch, 2AD0], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Bedroom Switch, 2DB4], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Study Switch, 634A], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Bedroom Lamp, 649F], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[null, 757B], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Kids Bedroom Switch, 7D3A], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Backyard Main Switch, ABB3], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Pantry Switch, D3F1], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Kids Bedroom lamp, F6F5], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1

I thank one n all who provided all their knowledge and assisted me in troubleshooting / resolving.

I think this post should be pinned somewhere so all the people having issues with Nue Switch can see this.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hmm, you should ask if they can make the firmware file available to you. @mike.maxwell could drop it on hubitat

2 Likes

If an incompatible device won't stay connected to the mesh indefinitely, not likely it will be able to stay connected long enough to do an OTA firmware upgrade. Definitely merits a heads up on the 3A or nue websites, however.

3 Likes

I did suggest them to do so & he said its not yet compatible with Hubitat. Not sure what he meant by that. I did tell him that this way of managing is not feesable. Imagine someone who is in Sydney or elsewhere will need to remove / put the dumb switches back on & post them to be fixed.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issues and reached out to 3a and got the following response:

The dimmer switch does not have the issue that requires to upgrade the firmware like the 1, 2,3 and 4 gang switches. I will send a sample to Hubitat- Mike to test it with the dimmer diver next week.

That was in September though so I’m not holding my breath. I’ve followed up but am not receiving any response.