Heatmiser integration

I'm assuming you're reassembling the data by checking if the first part of the return from INFO starts with {"devices":[ ?
I wonder if the admins could do anything with regards to the truncation of incoming data in a future platform update.

That was the plan, though it gets harder when the message is split into >2 parts!

I think it just needs some more intelligent rules on when to check the receive buffer, as currently I think its just immediate packets when they arrive.

1 Like

This is excellent news :+1::+1::+1:

@cjcharles any ideas how this author managed this? Looks like some integration into another eco system but he's somehow worked out how to control the backlight?!

"Identify Device -Flashes neoStat screen backlight - V53 "

1 Like

There is an identify command. It used to flash all Neostats and was a bit useless when I developed the original integration 3 years ago, but perhaps now you can flash a specific device. What use case were you thinking of?

I can share where I'm up to now as it's working for the basics, just the interface is pretty clunky.

I thought it would be nice for debugging or simply show that the stat is changing status by lighting the backlight. I cannot see the indentify command in the API. What is the call?

Found it, "IDENTIFY_DEV":n

Shame there isn't a way to simply switch on the backlight on motion in the room.

Yes, its not a nice flash from memory, more like an alarm!

Have you already got a bit of an integration of your own? Or were just curious?

Will share mine tomorrow for first debugging feedback.

I've just created a very simple driver to switch stats between frost on and off so that I can control it's usage when people are in the house and motion in certain rooms. I've just put the flash in when it turns on a stat. Not too bad, as the blue backlight is quite pleasant and means I can see the device turn on from across the room.
It is nothing compared to your fully comprehensive system.
Just created it following the quick experiment from the earlier post.

Initial beta posted below - Will create a proper thread for it shortly, but feedback welcome as I have done minimal testing other than to confirm it works! For now you need to add both device handlers, then create a new virtual device of the Neohub Bridge device and fill in the IP address of your Neohub, finally you can press Getthermostats and the children will appear, with basic ability to control key attributes.

EDIT: Removed and placed in the thread below

1 Like

Really exciting, will try it out and give you feedback tonight.

Function has definitely gone before design! But making it look better should be easier, and this way automations can start building ontop already.

all seems to work fine! Not sure what the password field in preferences is for though... a remnant of some experiment?

Yup, ignore that, just an old field. Thanks

Job well done, seems to work well. Interface options are more limited on hubitat than smartthings

Hi @cjcharles, does your implementation work with google home?

Hi

I have this correctly connected to my NeoHub bridge and can see the variables and current states, however changing the values in the virtual device within Hubitat doesn't update the Heatmiser Bridge settings. i.e. Changing the heatingsetpoint to 20.0 from 21 shows correctly in the virtual device but doesn't update the thermostat. Am I being stupid here? (Wouldn't be the first time!) :slight_smile:

Edit, I got confused about the ST forums. Will check this out myself now

Here is the log when I try to update the Set Heating Setpoint:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.