HE compatible thermostat for uk

Sinope (Zigbee). They are from Quebec, but not sure about shipping to the UK.

1 Like

I'm looking for the same thing but I'm from the Netherlands. Does your's have to opentherm or some sort of bus driven? Or just on/off?

I would love a zigbee opentherm stat! It's the main reason i have nest.

Me too, but haven't found one yet. To be exact I haven't found any (affordable) smart dumb thermostat with opentherm. And I rather not go with OTGW device, but I'm starting to think that's my only option. Since my budget it max 100 Euro's.

I haven't found any. What ones have you found?

Posted about Salus over at Zigbee relay options UK

Their IT600 range is supposedly ZigBee - SALUS Controls - iT600 Smart Home system (Online control)

You can also find the same hardware under the Altech brand.

Might be worth a try with HE ..... cheap enough for a gamble anyway IMO.

There was an attempt at the Hive driver and app which worked well it's a port from smart things so not perfect

Where can you buy it from? The salus stuff?

Amazon and it's also sold in a lot of plumbing type shops - careful on how far you go though, based on the other thread it will probably need a full "kit" (gatewway, thermostat, relay, etc) to reverse engineer their protocol.

Does anyone know of this TKB thermostat Z-Wave Plus TKB Thermostat for Floor Heating - TZE93 ?
Will it work with HE?

Obviously it's not the same model but I use a TKB TZ1036 Thermostat for electric underfloor heating without issue and with the standard Z-Wave thermostat driver. I'm guessing the TZE93 is a newer version.

As a warning the TZ1036 makes a fairly loud click when the relay kicks in and a bright blue backlight comes on for a few seconds too - not ideal in the bedroom where we have one installed!

1 Like

Thanks Mike for the info. Good news!

Are there any updates on working thermostats in the UK?
We have a Hive which I've tried for a while to get working but not getting much luck...
Looking for a new solution - does Nest work? Or anything new since this thread was last discussed :slight_smile:

Might not be the answer you need but I use a mix of a virtual switch and IFTTT to control my hive.

This is my static schedule. When both Me and my partner leave and it goes to away mode it flips a virtual switch which sets an IFTTT command to 14 degrees. Then when we return we set it to schedule.

Outside of this we control it via Google home, but honestly we hardly ever touch it

Can this be something which is worked on? I would like to be able to control my hive thermostat from the hub, however currently just using the thermostat remotely cause it seems a huge hassle even attempting to connect it (that's if there's even currently a way of doing so)

I tried a while back but could never get it working correctly so threw the towel in as I got as far as I could...

I was trying to avoid IFFTT due to the delays but better than nothing I guess... Has IFFTT changed to a pro subscription now?

$10 per month but intro offer of $2 per month for first year - or remains free for 3 integrations - might be adequate.

1 Like

Cheaper than buying a new thermostat then at this stage...

Just looked and it says this

β€œFor a limited time, you may set your price for IFTTT Pro and we will honor it indefinitely. All subscriptions are in US$ and renew monthly.”

That’s very acceptable I think and Pro is supposed to be faster typically under 3 secs response and allows more complex flows.