Has anyone used Zemismart Tuya Zigbee Electric Curtain Driver

Should be supported in Hubitat by this community driver : [RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver

1 Like

Reviving for a related inquiry for anyone using the curtain rod hardware. I understand that the diameter range is 20-28mm and it does not navigate the transition of telescoping sections very well.

My target application is a window that is about 9' (2.74m). A 10' rod would be perfect. Finding a non-telescoping rod of appropriate diameter is a challenge. Closest that I can find is 1.125" (28.6mm).

Any firsthand experience is greatly appreciated!

DIY: 28mm = 1.10"

PVC Pipe or Conduit SCH 80
3/4" nominal = 1.05" OD 0.72" ID
Use 1/2" EMT for a lightweight stiffener = 0.706" OD
Both available in 10 foot lengths

3/4" Schedule 40 Iron Pipe or Rigid Conduit = 1.05" OD

3.4" EMT = 0.922" OD

I've done this for outdoor railings, awning, etc. I particularly like the Schedule 80 PVC sleeve over EMT because the new-ish plastic spray paints adhere well. The PVC conduit is already a grey color which works well for my outside pier ladders and such.

Ran some ideas past the missus. 10' of 3/4 EMT was approved. We can probably reuse the existing finials by plugging the EMT with cork. I was trying to avoid this DIY route (enough on my plate already), but won't let it stop progress.

Looks like I will be placing an order, then waiting a month for the curtain robots to be delivered anyway.

Delivery was much faster than expected, so I tested with the existing rod. While it is smaller than spec, it splits in the middle to avoid any transition steps. Initial testing is quite good with the community driver.

I ran it a dozen or so times to desensitize the animals, so it has been pretty thoroughly exercised. Still, long term, I will get a proper rod diameter installed. Not sure why I didn't do this sooner.

1 Like