Has anyone tried the Yoolax zigbee blinds?

Ya I may consider ripping the ikea motors out and doing a hack job on another brand of blind or buying a new tube, though the increased weight of a larger blind may be an issue. I have big windows so I'm trying to avoid having to piece together multiple FYRTUR blinds.

If you get the Yoolac zigbee motor and use the ikea driver there is no need for an additional hub, HE is sufficient?

I believe the blind motors are pretty standard for torque, etc, regardless of blind length (within reason... ;)). I have 6’ blinds (2 side by side for 12’ total), and 38” blinds, and they both have the same motor.

Correct on the yoolax zigbee motor and he (or st) nothing else needed, assuming range is ok.

Would recommend you get a remote though, as they are handy for backup.

1 Like

Just reached out to Yoolax for anyone following this thread see below. Looks like no zigbee motors until Dec.

"The zigbee motor is out of stock now. And they will be available next month. It will add $29 for that."

1 Like

Can you point me to the IKEA driver? I just got a Yoolax Zigbee motor to try out. I can only find drivers for IKEA bulbs etc.

Yep - here you go: [RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds

Hey all. Anyone have instructions on how to pair my already-set-up Zigbee Yoolax shades to my HE?

Ah, got it. For posterity:

1. Press pen into button on shade 4x quickly, then hold 3s
  2. Motor will jog once
  3. On HE, begin Zigbee pairing around the same time
  4. The blind should appear on the Found Devices.

I was wondering if anyone has ported the driver from Smarthings...

Ikea driver is working with some small issues (like battery status).

I created my own driver that is similar to the SmartThings one.. It was created for my own purposes so the way it works might not be to others' liking... But, figured I would share in case it would be of help.. Note I'm not planning on supporting it, it was just a quick solution for my needs.. So feel free copy and modify to your needs if you want.. (Aka nice way of saying please don't ask me for changes :slight_smile:)

Note the problem I was trying to solve with this driver was to support the Shangri-la Style shades from Yoolax, which the fully closed, shear open, and fully open are entirely different positions. The Midpoint setting is the shear open position. It also reports a "fake" position for closed, open, and shear open. This was done to fix how the shade was displayed in Homekit for my setup.

All of these tweaks might not fit what you are looking for, but It does have code in there which fixed the battery reporting for me, so if nothing else you can reuse that snippet. It's the "convertBatteryLevel" function..

I haven't shared code on here before, so will see how this goes..

1 Like

Has anyone tried to Capture then Restore the Yoolax blinds using the IKEA driver. Something isn't compatible. The value captured is the opposite of what gets restored. Say the shade is closed when you Capture it will open after you Restore. Works fine with the IKEA shade, meaning if you capture then immediately restore the shade should not move.

@matt9 Thanks for the drivers on Yoolax shade. It's been working pretty well. I'm getting "lastcheckin" on the battery every 10 minutes. Can you give me a pointer to the code where I can set that variable to something longer as it's draining my battery pretty quickly. thanks.

Odd that it’s draining the battery, I haven’t seen much drain on my blinds.. That said the ten minute interval should be coming from lift/level reporting as it's set to a max of 600 seconds (aka ten minutes). When I get a little bit of time I’ll update the driver to make that configurable. But in the mean time you can make a quick edit in the code.

In the configure method you just need to change the bolded value below to a larger number.

zigbee.configureReporting(CLUSTER_WINDOW_COVERING, ATTRIBUTE_POSITION_LIFT, DataType.UINT8, 0, 600, 0x01) + zigbee.configureReporting(CLUSTER_BATTERY_LEVEL, 0x0021, DataType.UINT8, 600, 21600, 0x01)

Be sure to run the configure command on the device(s) after modifying the code..

If that helps I’ll update the driver to add that as a configurable option in the near future.

1 Like

FYI,
I got a little free time this afternoon and updated the driver in Github exposing these as new preferences. If you pull the latest version you can now just make a config change, and not have to modify the code.

Thanks! I modified the code and it's working great. Much appreciated. Still seeing a little drain on the battery but less. Must be some other stuff going on that I need to check out, but I changed the time interval to every hour.

Anyone know how to make devices using this driver show up in the stock Hubitat Amazon Echo App?

I have two Yoolax roller blinds with the smart motor and tried to pair them to HE numerous time with these instructions and no luck. I have performed a factory reset on them several times and HE does not find them using the Yoolax selection in the "add device" section. Can anyone advise what I should try next?

Use regular zigbee pairing and then when paired switch the driver to ikea blinds.

I have two Yoolax roller blinds with the smart motor and tried to pair them to HE numerous times with these instructions and no luck. I have performed a factory reset on them several times and HE does not find them using the Yoolax selection in the "add device" section. I have tried this numerous times. Can anyone advise what I should try next?

Again, use the manual zigbee pairing method. After it pairs change the driver