Has anyone tried connecting a Keywe Smart Lock yet?

I would ask them specifically which Z-Wave gateways they tested this lock with.

I had a similar pairing problem, after trying multiple times without success then for some reason bringing the device a couple of inches from the hub to pair it solved the problem. But it was not a lock, just saying of you want to try.

i'll give it a try, i brought it within 3 feet of the hub. but i'll try closer and see what happens.
i know they said they tested with a number of hubs. ST was one, but i don't think HE was.

It found it, else you wouldn't have seen anything in discovery, the process didn't complete.
If they tested it with st they would have needed a driver, do you have the driver they used?
I say that because our driver has all the fingerprints that the st driver did.

does HE support S0, S1, and or S2 Zwave Security?

1 Like

Hi...
I am a keywe developer. A contact message was sent to connect with hubitat.
If a hubitat contact me and give us support, we will connect with hubitat as soon as possible.
For reference, Smartthings' zwave-lock.src supports our KeyWe.

Thank you.

I have reached out to you and look forward to your response.

Can't wait to hear what comes of the discussion!

this is what i found

though i don't know where to begin to create a custom driver from this in HE. Not a programmer by background. i can typically edit stuff with examples when i can find help.

You might try our generic zwave lock, see how that goes in the meantime.

i can't get it to pair completely. even sitting within an inch of the hub.

We have a sample headed to the lab...

Any updates?

Yeah, currently the lock will not complete pairing due to not following some specific security specs regarding what reports should be available prior to completion of the secure sequence.
We changed some of those bits around on the hub side, that broke pairing for some other locks, so we had to revert those changes.
We have figured out a way to completly resolve this, however it's not an insignificant amount of work, and therefore integrating this lock has been put in standby mode.

Yea! and Bummer!!!
I bet there isn't any custom driver code i could load as an individual user in the custom drivers section?

That won't help it complete the join...

Reviving a fairly old topic... but just to give my status on this:
Installed a KeyWe lock today and paired it. On the Hubitat pairing page it said it was initializing and that never went away until the page was reloaded. But when I went to the Devices list, "keyWe Z-Wave Lock" now exists and can be Locked/Unlocked from the device page. However, the Current States area is showing blank... The driver is listed as "keyWe Z-Wave Lock" automatically from the Hubitat, I have not tried to do a custom one.

1 Like

I have one still in the box...after reading all the nightmare stories about locks, I've been reluctant to install it....now I'm...less reluctant...lol

Thanks for posting this!

S.

This driver was specifically written for this device, try enabling debug logging, then hit configure, if that doesn't sort the reporting let me know.
I have early engineering examples of this lock, I was informed that the final production version was being released with revised firmware, so I'm not sure if the issue resided with the new firmware or not.