Haiku Wall Control Occupancy Sensor driver

I've written a driver for the Haiku Wall Controller, simply to use it as a motion sensor. I was grappling with adding the capability to @zackrbrown's Haiku Fan driver, but found the solution was easier to implement in a separate driver based on @adamkempenich's driver that uses the InterfaceUtils library to poll the device using socket communications. This probably could be integrated in with the Fan driver if someone has the time, as the Fan seems to echo the wall controller's motion sensor status with the same commands.

You can find the driver and documentation here:
Haiku Wall Controller Occupancy Sensor

3 Likes

And you didn't format your post ... as a haiku?

Grateful nowadays
A new, efficient code shared
the automation

No, it doesn't make sense :laughing: I can see why you didn't write a haiku.

I'm glad you were able to use the Socket Interface from my code! I can take a look and see if I notice anything that may cause slowdown with it :slight_smile:

Works great! (After I put in the right IP in) great paired up with @zackrbrown’s fan controllers. And now I have (powered) motion sensors in rooms I didn’t already!

The sensors seemed to be working fine for a while but now they seem to be reporting as active all the time. Any experience with this issue?

Once motion is triggered, mine report motion as "active" for five minutes, then they go back to "inactive". You can check the device events in your hub in the Devices/Events page for each device. If the most recent event is not today, perhaps the driver can't contact the device for status.

Make sure the IP address hasn't changed due to DHCP on your WiFi router. To avoid this, you should be able to configure your router to use the same IP address based on the wall controller's MAC address.

Also, it could be that the controller lost WiFi connectivity. If the LEDs flash when you use it to control the fan or light, it isn't connected to your WiFi and won't be able to report status.

Other than that, you can turn on debugging in the devices page and look at live logging to be sure that the Hubitat hub is polling.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I think its working now, the 5 min refresh rate is crazy given that its mains powered.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.