Guide: Hubitat devices in Homekit through Hoobs, Homebridge and MakerAPI

Hi guys,

I have this running and seems for the most part to work great the only issue I seem to get is arming and disarming HSM from HomeKit. It seems to disarm or arm on Hubitat but seems like the status never gets back to HomeKit and it just sits on disarming... or arming....

Anyone else have this issue??

1 Like

Same issue. I'm new to Hubitat though, so not sure if it's an issue in Hubitat or in Homekit/Hoobs. If you solved the HSM issue, let us know how :slight_smile:

Hi Peterw1,

Mine is now working not sure exactly what I did but here’s my configuration that I played around with a bit, I’m still only learning hubitat too so I used the tool in the how too to make my configuration up but I since modified it and now it works. I think it was some exclusions in the original.

{
"platform": "Hubitat-MakerAPI",
"name": "Hubitat MakerAPI",
"app_url": "YOUR MAKER API URL",
"access_token": "YOUR ACCESS TOKEN",
"local_ip": "YOUR HOOBS IP",
"local_port": 20011,
"temperature_unit": "C",
"mode_switches": true,
"hsm": true,
"debug": true,
"logFile": {
"enabled": true,
"compress": true,
"keep": 5,
"size": "10m"
}
}

Thanks! I just switched devices around on the home vs away triggered and it started working. Not sure if it just didn't like one of those, or if I needed to have a contact sensor for the home mode to work :man_shrugging:

Thanks for this guide. I've had a successful Hubitat/Homebridge integration for several months now. This is the reason I purchased my Elevation.

However, having trouble getting a dual relay device (ZBLC15) to expose both relays to the Homebridge app on my Elevation. I'm using a custom driver from the manufacturer that allows the Hubitat itself to control both relays, but that component device information is not getting passed to the Homebridge app on my Elevation, which, in turn, means none of the second relays are exposed to HomeKit.

Ideas?

Are you trying to get Homekit to see the dual relay device and it does the 'split'?

Or are you exposing ONLY the child devices to HomeKit?

I have 3 of the dual relays exposed to HomeKit that way...

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 12.43.26 PM
That's one of the devices...

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 12.45.37 PM

I expose only the child devices to HomeKit:

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 12.49.05 PM

And they appear on my iPhone

The manufacturer's driver is not splitting out the two relays into child devices, which I assume is the problem.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 5.03.03 PM

Then create two virtual switches and add some rules to keep each sync'd to each other. Expose the virtual switches to HomeKit. I did that for a long time with a Garage door opener once upon a time :slight_smile: In fact, I still do it for Presence.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.