Great little Relay controller and 433Mhz fob integration!

Thanks for that. The "project box accommodation" was what I was actually after anyway. So it is actually over 5" long. OK !

Sorry I got the last one from Amazon.
4 1/8 x 1 1/4 x 3/4

If you have a local Container Store they sell lots of great food storage containers in varying sizes. That’s what I put this relay into to control both the opener and the light.

I'll be damn! Well...at least it was a hubitat-er. LOL

Thanks for those exact dimensions. I hope they keep making them, and at this price!

Have a shallow 12vDC well pump on the single channel module housed in one of these outdoor boxes shown below. Was about to replace it with a dual channel module to also control a surface pump in a tank. Needed to know the dimensions for the box.

I am happy to report that even with turning the power off this circuit nightly the module comes back up, reconnects with the hub flawlessly...and controls the water as it needs to through the day.

1 Like

I made a 3D-printed housing for it, posted over here:

3 Likes

@PunchCardPgmr Amazon showing them "in stock soon" @ $18.99.

1 Like

Relevant Item to Note - Release 2.2.9 of Hubitat Compatibility

Wonder if this means we need to reload that driver?
Big thanks to the Hubitat Team for noticing.

Hey, just a short and possible not so smart question: Do I get it right, following the schematics from the relay, that I could power it with, let's say a 5V powerbank but still work for example a 12V stepper motor with this thing, because of the possible different output?

Not how I use it (12vdc all the way),
but what you are describing is how I see it.

1 Like

Posting this here so fans of these relays are aware their guts seem to be similar to the guts of these bulb socket/adapter units ( ZigBee Smart Light Bulb Socket, AICase )
linked in the thread below.

I'll tell you what its a good repeater, I've got 7 devices using it

Are you referring to the bulb socket adapter device or the relay device, ....or both?

The relay, as per thread title

Hey there, just to make sure, for a project I'm planing I've got two questions:

1. When I'm right, there are buttons on the relay, allowing you to switch, what ever you've connected to your relay, manually. Is this correct?

2. Let's say point 1 is correct, if for some reason, the relay isn't connected to a hub, can I still manually use this buttons to switch the connected devices?

Somebody cover my memory here....
I do not recall physical switches on this relay that were convenient for turning it on/off.

BUT... there is a RF control feature built in that will respond to a 433Mhz remote(fob). I have not used it but assume it would work without connection to the hub and likely was integrated for that very purpose as a backup/alternative.

I'm not sure either, especially while trying to understand the description from Amazon.

There it says manual switch / RF pairing button. That's what got me confused, because I can't find a manual and I don't understand if this is a manual switch for RF pairing or a manual switch which can be RF paired also...

I'm going on vague recollection...but I think pushing the respective relay's button does have the effect of being an on/off switch and I think you hold it for longer to initiate the pairing process. Still not falling under the "convenient for regular use" criteria.

Mine are all zipped up in weatherproof boxes that I'd rather not open to check for ya right now.

Update: I just found the spare I was actually wondering the other day if I still had, thanks for prompting me to look.

ANYWAY, testing without ANY attempt to pair (network pairing light still flashing at me) confirms the button DOES behave as a switch.

1 Like

That's perfect. :smiley:

Might be a dumb question, but can I just put buttons in between what ever I want to control and the MHCOZY? It is just to have local control without the need to push the little relay buttons. Would make things way more convenient, when building my own smart home devices.

If you want to do that I think I would explore the RF feature built into these relays. I have not done so, the OP on this thread has as I recall. Not sure how that works with multiple channels.

RF just wouldn't be suitable for the project I have in mind (smart coffee machine with different features), so buttons are the way to go.