Govee Immersion LED Strip Driver - Govee Cloud API

@jtp10181

Wonderful suggestion and i already have it working with this change. A slight change to the driver and now using the new data fields instead of parms. Since these would need to be set by the app I will actually go this way to remove the chance of them being broken once configured.

1 Like

So incase someone wants to try it I did some cleanup of the files and published them on github.

Govee integration app can be imported with this Govee Integration app by Mavrrick

Obi2000's Modified driver to work with the integration app is Obi200 Govee Immersion LED Strip Driver

Added appliance driver Govee Appliance Driver to allow for new integration with 2.0 version of the API

The advantage of using the integration app is that literally all you do is put in your API and then select the devices you want added. If it isn't supported it won't show up, if it is it will.

It isn't perfect though.

1. The first time you add devices you can add as many as you want. After that you will need to unselect the existing devices and only select devices to add the next time.
  2. it won't remove one at a time if you desire to do that. so keep that in mind. ofcourse you could remove them manually from the device's page.
  3. The Govee api supports more then simply led light strips. Though the driver will likely work with all of it, since it's focus was on the LED strips there may be allot of extra options for devices that don't use all the functions. You an review the Data field near the bottom of the devices to see what commands your device supports.
  4. I didn't do anything for polling, or to deal with rate limiting. we will see if that is actually needed.

I just found new documentation for the Govee API. Looks like they are up to 2.0 and added appliances to their api. This covers mostly air devices like humidifier, air purifiers, Fans, Space heaters and such.

I guess a new driver is needed for this stuff now and a new section to the app above to allow those to be selected.

Link it

Govee API v2.0 document.

I have already added some stuff to support the Appliance endpoint. and already created devices from it. I have two of their humidifiers that integrated straight away. It is clear though that there is something lacking from their documentation for it. I pulled the supported commands and there is one that isn't mentioned and of the ones listed only one makes any sense.

So I have expanded the integration to include the Appliance part of the API. It will now allow you to add fans, Space heaters, air purifiers, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers.

You will need the latest version of the integration app, Govee light,Switch,Plug driver, and the Govee Appliance driver from my githug repo.

Links below:
Govee Integration app
Govee Lights, Pluggs, Switches Driver
Govee Appliance Driver

As of right now the appliance options seem to be very limited. They are not retrievable which means that changes outside of HE will not be sent to HE. There are only 3 commands I could obtain with my 2 appliance devices(humidifiers) which are 1: turn on or off the device 2: gear command to change the humidifier intisity. 3:mode which is either custom or auto only.

The valid values for your device for the Gear and Mode command will be displayed in the data values at the bottom part of the device page. If you see something different then Turn,Mode,Gear for supported commands please let me know and we can see if we can figure out how to support the other commands.

I have opened a new thread for the Integration app Here. I will continue to work on it there and focus on expansion of it's at things move forward.

I added the Driver Code and added it to Hubitat. The code displays in Hubitat as a driver. I added a Virtual Device and saved it. Now when I try to update the driver type, Govee Immersion does not appear as a Govee Immersion in the Type drop down list. What am I missing?

Try going to bottom of drop down menu. USER devices are listed as separate group after all of the SYSTEM ones.

OK I found the device under user part of the drop down. I entered the API key, and Model , but the MAC address? Do I use my MAC address? I used mine and when I try to add the device into the Dashboard, it does not appear in the device list. I also added what I thought was the MAC address from the Govee area where you mentioned to do the cmd procedure. So What do I use for the MAC address? What I thought might be the MAC address from Govee from the cmd request, is just the device number. Where do I find the correct MAC address so I can add it in to the device on Hubitat?

I cant find the MAC address anywhere, any thoughts?

Could try an arp -a from a command line and see what MAC is reported for the IP address.

@user3347

It isn't the Mac Address but more of a device id. Directions on how to retrieve it are in the first post.

You can also click on the link in my above post and load my integration. Then you don't need to put anything in on individual devices. You just select it from the list of devices that are retrieved from the API in the integration app.

Unfortunately, I deleted the app code, device code etc. and now when I try to download the app using HPM, your download appears on the screen, but the download area is not available, a cloud icon is there instead.

Not exactly sure what you mean. Did you just delete it from the developer section of hubitat UI. You could try to unmatch it and the rematch it, or do a repair from HPM

Where do you run the "curl" for the mac address? in the govee app?

Use this integration and you won't need to worry about that.

This driver has stopped working for me.... can no longer control my H6163 strip.

I am trying to update to the latest version, and I get an error every time. I have tried to reboot and clear out everything. I think that it is timing out.

Trying to go from 2.0.12 to 2.0.14

I am running on C4. I havent upgraded hardware as I really don't want to have to start over with everything and everything is working just fine.

" Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install bundle https://github.com/Mavrrick/Hubitat-by-Mavrrick/raw/main/Govee/bundle/Govee_Integration_v2.zip. Please notify the package developer.. Be sure the package is not in use with devices."

This thread is for the old driver. The thread for the updated driver with the new Govee Integration is here

That said this is a HPM issue more than the "Govee Integration V2". Most of the time when this has occurred it has been because the package is taking too long to install all of its components. The bundle has gotten large with many drivers, several Libraries and then the main app. It can take a few min to install even on the latest hardware. The C4 maybe struggling with the install from a time perspective. I believe i added a few more drivers since .12 so that may have compounded it. I also know there is a update for HPM that will again extend the timeout value for bundle installs.

I would suggest you simply try to do the install again a few times until you can get through it. It may help to find times that the hub isn't to busy as well to minimize the change of activity slowing it down.