Got a weird problem with a moes 4-Button remote

So I have a Moes 4-button remote : TS0044 * manufacturer: _TZ3000_wkai4ga5
And for what ever reason it will send the on/off command ( 2 ) times with every push.
So if you push button ( 2 ) it turns the light on and a split second later the light turns off.
Check the time stamps .. I guess it a "faulty" Switch But it still works LOL
I am wondering if they would be a way to "FIX" it with a rule ?
Like ..
Press button 2 = tun on light
Ignore everything for 2 seconds.
Push button 2 = turn off lights
Ignore everything for 2 seconds.

Can not see it find a way to do this using : Button Controller

Suggestions ? Thanks !

dev:132024-02-22 01:34:58.395 PMinfoZ-Wave - Kitchen Countertops was turned off [digital]
dev:142024-02-22 01:34:58.255 PMinfoSwitch - Kitchen 2 button 2 was pushed
dev:132024-02-22 01:34:57.421 PMinfoZ-Wave - Kitchen Countertops was turned on [digital]
dev:142024-02-22 01:34:57.263 PMinfoSwitch - Kitchen 2 button 2 was pushed

It wouldn't be a Tuya product if this device followed the Zigbee standards! :slight_smile:

Technically, Tuya has reversed the 'direction' flag in the Zigbee message and the HE hub (following strictly the standards) does not acknowledge the reception. That's why the device repeats the button press message 3 times (except for the first button).

You can use the custom driver, where the debouncing is built into the driver.

1 Like

I am / have and tried using your driver :slight_smile:
It works just fine for "some of the 4 button switches" and some not so much :frowning:
Not sure what the differences are .. But this one controller is just acting weird .. and was thinking
that seem like their should be a way to do it through programming .. IDK ! LOL
I replaced the one acting up with this one ..

and it seems to be working ok with your driver.

1 Like

Yep, there are too many different variations of one and the same device.

Moes, being simply a reseller trying to get $$$ from everything possible, just puts the 'Moes' label on at least 10 different devices manufactured by 10 different companies with 10 different firmware versions inside.

Yeap .. I get that .. I have ( 5 ) of these .. 4 button controllers.

ALL Work fine with the "stock" driver ..
as you can see the replacement one is using your driver and it works fine LOL
This stuff Breaks my head .. I swear I am really sick of this stuff not working right ~

They all work with Tuya Zigbee hubs, because every device produced by different manufacturer has been individually certified/tested with their hub. The sellers don't even know they are selling different devices because they all look the same.

Yeah .. that was why I was looking for a way to "fix" it through programming.

It is also possible to make a debouncing algorithm using RM5 .. just a bit more difficult , than in a driver.

@WarlockWeary can you update the TS004F driver to the latest dev. branch version 2.7.1 and check whether there are any double/triple events when clicking a button?

I am using def version() { "2.6.6" }
def timeStamp() {"2023/05/30 1:51 PM"}
on : 2.3.8.138
Seems to be working fine now, No idea why.
< I think we went and changed the debounce time ? in that driver ?
@Field static final Integer DEBOUNCE_TIME = 2000
Been awile forget what we did LOL

Once in awile after a reboot .. they can act up but fixes its self after a few trys.

Updated one switch to new driver ..
Seems to work fine .. the "debounce" or delay seems to work.
If I push button ( 1 ) light turns on .. push button ( 1 ) right away nothing happens.
wait 1-3 seconds push button ( 1 ) light turns off

Soooo .. It seems to be working ¯\ (ツ)

1 Like

Thank you for the test!
In the previous versions of the Tuya driver, your device TS0044 _TZ3000_wkai4ga5 was not in the list of the devices that need debouncing.

Perfect. Fixed mine.

1 Like