I am just getting started with home automation and I’m at a crossroads. I have a few Amazon devices and Google devices and I’m trying to figure out which way to go.
- 4 x Fire TVs
- 1 x Echo dot
- 1 x Echo
- 2 x Nest Indoor Cameras
- 1 x Nest Yale Lock
A few of my thoughts.
- I think its cheaper if I keep going down the google path.
- I think I would like the conversation experience of google better (based on YouTube videos)
- I pay for Amazon Prime and do not have YouTube Premium
- I like Amazon as a company better than google but I don’t like the look of Amazon’s products (ring).
- I’m interested in nest thermostats to improve my home climate. I haven’t researched alternatives.
- Garage door
- Door locks
- Home security
- A graphical control panel like Nest Hub Max
- Is there a reason I have to go one direction over the other or can Amazon and google and hubitat all play together?
- What’s the trend of support for Amazon vs Google?
- If you could start fresh and build a house what would you use knowing what you know now?
- How do you handle having multiple microphones (echo/nest audio) devices that can hear you in a single area of the house?