Google Nest Mini goes quiet

I have been trying to get a nest mini to act as an announcement speaker. I have the Chromecast Integration (Beta) app installed with the speaker selected and polling set on set to 60 seconds, also tried 300. I have the notifications app installed with several text to speech notifications set up for exterior doors opening. About every 24-48 hours the speaker stops speaking and I need to use the initialize button on the device page. I activated debug logging, used the speak button with the word TEST and noticed this warning in the past log with a recent timestamp.

[warn] not parsed:{"requestId":0,"status":{"devices":[{"capabilities":196612,"deviceId":"aa2ffe37-6cb9-a705-d504-6977a1bd427c","name":"Office speaker","volume": {"level":1.0,"muted":false}}],"isMultichannel":false},"responseType":"MULTIZONE_STATUS"}

This error does not report after using the initialize button. Any ideas?

I made a rule to initialize the mini (Google Home Mini) every 30 minutes. It may be excessive, but my Mini stays connected and communicates reliably.

1 Like

This little app also works very well to solve this problem.

[quote="[RELEASE] Chromecast Helper - Simple way to help keep your Google/Nest devices alive, post:1, topic:19237"]
With Firmware release 2.2.8.141, Chromecast Integration now includes a setting to enable connection keep-alive through device polling. Making this app no longer needed.
[/quote]

I did not originally try this because of this sentence in the description. I have been using the "keep-Alive" function set to both 300 and 60 seconds but still have the issue.

Looks interesting. What app did you use to make the rule?

Made in Rule Machine. I used Rule Machine 5.0, but the current version should be very similar.

1 Like

Had trouble finding how to invoke the init command but have it setup now with a 30 minute interval. Has been working fine for several days so far. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, very helpful.

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. It is nice to know that my rule works for others also.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.