Google Home won't recognize Gledopto RGB device

I've got a Gledopto Zigbee RGB+CCT Controller (GL-C-008).

I've got it added to my hubitat just fine using the Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb. When I first set it up, I was able to add it to Google Home and use the GH app to control on/off. I could never get color control, but at least it was available.

Now, the controller has disappeared from the GH app. When I try to re-add it to GH in Hubitat, I get this error in the GH app - "The following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Device Name]"

I've searched here and in the logs, but I can't find (but admittedly probably don't know the right place to look) more info on why it is failing now and how to fix it.

I have tried removing the device, resetting to default and re-adding, but GH still won't recognize.

Anyone have any pointers on how to get this controller enabled for use in Google Home with color control? i.e. Hey Google set the lights to red.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have the exact same Gledopto controller, with Generic Zigbee RGBW Light driver, and have it added to Google.

I've started having the exact same issue.
Oddly, only having it with one of my Gledopto controllers.
I have two of them set up as Generic Zigbee RGB devices because I couldn't get either of them to show up as Advanced Zigbee RGB or RGBW. When I would "sync my devices" the controller would drop out of the list of available devices in the GH app.

On one of my controllers, I can use GH to change color and brightness. The other will only turn it on and off. When I look in the device status in the HE dashboard, I can see that its not even receiving the command to change colors.

@themarkwilliams -

Under Advaced > Device Details > Data, does it list a software version for your controller?

For me, the controller that does not work is showing:
endpointId: 0B
model: GL-C-008
application: 01
softwareBuild: 3.0.0
manufacturer: GLEDOPTO

But the one that works does not indicate a software build, which makes me wonder if there's a different firmware or something causing our issues that other members don't have.

Interesting.

Mine shows:
softwareBuild: 2.0.2

Just tried a new one that I ordered yesterday. Doesn't work with the "advanced" driver (none of mine seem to), but works fine with the generic RGB driver. Added to GH and can control by voice to change brightness, color, and on/off.

softwareBuild: 3.0.1

By gum, your driver tip did it!

I would have sworn I tried every driver possible in the list. I'm quite certain I tried every RGBW driver. I thought I tried the RGB drivers too, but apparently not enough or not the right one.

I switched the driver to "Generic Zigbee RGB Light" and now it shows up and stays in GH.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

@themarkwilliams glad to have suffered through it with you! Although oddly, that driver doesn't work on the unit with 3.0.0 for me. Strange, but glad we're both back in business!