Google Home Presence Detection

I see Google Home app is soon getting Presence Detection with Home and Away routines.

It hasnt hit my Pixel yet but I wonder if we can link to hubitat instead of using or in addition to using Life360.

1 Like

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth: I didn't know this

It is unclear at this time how this will work. But likely the presence is based on Nest devices. I am watching this development with interest, as Google pushes the update. :popcorn:

3 Likes

I have the correct version of the app but not the presence option yet, must be server side.

In the pics on the link it shows it as using the pixel phone as the presence detector

Same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, and about damned time Google gave us the basics. What on earth their thousands of developers do all day long is a mystery to me.

4 Likes

They develop "new" ways to mine your data, and sell it on the open market :rofl:

3 Likes

But just counter this by doing the opposite of what you think you should do, that way of they are manipulating you it won't work

1 Like

Exactly, I walk backwards everywhere. Drives them crazy.

1 Like

lol isnt it all about the data these days? I am to the point of saying whats the point? I want to figure out how to get them to pay ME for my data. LOL even hubitat found a way to get us to pay THEM to store our data. :rofl:

1 Like

Has anyone seen this yet? I have the correct version but the presence thing isn't showing up. Or I don't know how to find it, one or the other.

I havent seen the feature yet either.

Knowing Google, it will probably be another year before it appears and 5 before it works properly.

4 Likes

I am very happy to see that I'm not the only blindly optimistic person around here. :wink:

1 Like

It’s always good to remove some useful features before adding new ones, no?

https://9to5google.com/2020/09/25/google-home-app-routines/amp/

:rofl:

1 Like

Lovely. Honestly, I just wonder which bizarro parallel universe some of these decisions come from...

More details surfaced ...

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/10071816

Source:

2 Likes

More details

1 Like

I saw that this morning, I have yet to see the option show up.