Google Home not updating with new devices

That's what it appears. I would provide a screenshot but I didn't have any means to black out our non public information (phone numbers, email addresses, and passwords) that come across the log.

I can black out all that stuff later this evening when I get back home and email it to you guys if you would like to provide me your email.

No need for that I can install it and take it from there!

If this helps at all I see this in my GH logs:

[app:400](http://192.168.13.46/logs#app400)2018-11-02 11:10:25.267:errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toBigDecimal() on null object (stateChangeHandler)

[app:400](http://192.168.13.46/logs#app400)2018-11-02 11:10:15.208:errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toBigDecimal() on null object (stateChangeHandler)

what devices do you currently have selected in our app?

I just looked at that based on this thread. Only lights and Thermostats. (switches and dimmers) I do have modes selected at the top...admittedly not sure what they are for.

OK, but who's light and thermostat drivers?, the errors being thrown are due to specific attributes being missing from the driver.
While I can update the GH app to not implode when it finds this, some aspect of device still won't work correctly...

Will have to go through the list. I have a selection of lighting devices. T-Stats are CT100 and StelPros. (neither have official drivers) If that's all it is...I'm not concerned...just making sure it wasn't linked to this thread.

I will add to this that when you update in the app it takes a minute or so for it to propagate to google home, this is normal as it is a cloud service. I will say though that response times are still almost as fast as st was locally so...AWESOME!!!

What do you mean by "st was locally" ? Are you implying that SmartThings' Google Home integration was local between the Google Home device and the ST Hub? If so, that's the first time I have heard that (not saying you're wrong, I am just curious! :slight_smile: )

My understanding is that all ST cloud integrations, like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and Logitech Harmony, are Cloud-to-Cloud.

well i don't know if it is or isn't, the NPE error on toBigDecimal is likely related to the thermostat, so the way to see if that's it is to pull the thermostats from the list, one by one until you find the problem child.
then you can post a screen shot of the thermostat driver current states (or whatever the offending device is) and from there I should be able to see what attributes aren't being set in the driver ect...

It was the StelPro's here are the states:

1 Like

I meant that scenes using the home integration is faster than st local at times...LOL!

1 Like

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying that for me. :wink:

If you don't want to wait for it to update your list of devices, finding the screen to refresh is a little trickier in the new home app. Go to the home app, then on the bottom, the furthest right icon, the account icon. Then settings under general setting, then the ASSISTANT tab (this is the one that took me forever to find again) and then Home Control. You can do the standard Android "pull-from-top" action to update the list of devices. This is the only thing I've found to get google to respond to changes in the devices that are checked in the HE app (without waiting) especially if you've removed some. GH seems to add new devices quickly but removed ones seem to hang around until you manually refresh. They might auto-remove, but I've never waited that long to find out.

The error being produced is due to the thermostat driver not maintaining a coolingSetpoint attribute.
This attribute is part of the standard thermostat capability even if the thermostat and or furnace do not support air conditioning.
Adding sendEvent(name:"coolingSetpoint",value:90) somewhere in the code (maybe refresh) should resolve this.

That worked!! Thanks!

2 Likes

i'm having the same issue and my new devices are not showing up even after 10 hours.

[app:578](http://192.168.1.81/logs/past#app578)2018-11-04 22:46:42.529 error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getTime() on null object (updated)

[app:578](http://192.168.1.81/logs/past#app578)2018-11-04 22:46:36.345 info updated...

What high level device types did you select?

I just got it working by only selecting certain devices rather than all. But I have RGBW tunable white lamps and they come in as just dimmable is this correct?

What do you mean by this.

Yeah, I'm trying to find the initial unsupported devices that are causing this problem.
You selected all, so I'm not Sure which ones were causing the issue.
Rgb, rgbw, ct are all, supported.
What driver are you using with the rgbw device that only shows as a dimmer?