Google Home Mini - A great little tts speaker

I use Salli as well.

I could do with or without the connection sound, although I think the bigger issue is the lack of a default volume setting. No matter what comes out of that speaker, if it's 100% volume it's going to scare the pants off of you.

My app has individual speaker volume setting which has been working well for my Minis

Andy

Release it!!! Now!!

Lol

Just messing with you mate.

I know you are a perfectionist. :wink:

It's not far off.
Possibly tomorrow if I can find the time to get everything updated
(I will also have to be available to answer the inevitable questions on it's use.)

Thank you sir. My hat is off to you

Random error, anyone getting the same?

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method launchApp() on null object (speak)

I get that sometimes. If I do an init on the speaker it starts working again. I haven't tried troubleshooting it any further than that, though.

There we go, init did the trick..

Usually means your Google Home device changed its IP address. Make sure to create a DHCP Rservation in your router to prevent them from changing.

That fixed it for mine. They've been a couple of days now without dropping out.

Thanks, done.. will report back if it happens again

You got the MP3 playing in MC to work with the native Chromecast integration? How did you do that? I havent been able to get that to work.

If anyone is interested, (@cknickl ?) I have released my little app & driver

Andy

This could be used as a UPS for a Google Home Mini where always ON was necessary. :slight_smile:
Battery base