Good morning message

Doesnt matter, just look on the WU map and find one near you.

It's Simple, sign up for a WU account. Create a PWS ("add device" in member settings), pick type as "other". This will give you an API key and you are good to go.

1 Like

I already did everything, I found a database, I registered, it gave me the password and the id, I put it but it doesn't come offline... here I show an image

That’s because you don’t have a PWS uploading data, not a big deal, just browse for one near you and use that.

Just make sure it’s actively uploading data.

On the page it appears online, but when I create it, it appears offline, I have two and the same thing happens, I'm doing something wrong..

Yes, you aren't following my instructions.

I have to put exactly where is that WU? those strings? I live like 3 km from that place

Just look on wunderground and grab the station id of someone there

Just the IELPRA21

In the end your page should look similar to this

2 Likes

I have no way to make it work, now I am sending you the steps to see what I am doing wrong

OFFLINE...

Ok?

Ok?

Try a different PWS - that one may not work.

There are dozens of them around your area, just browse the WU map for one close to you that is active and use that.

I only get two, they both go online, but when I create the api they go offline

I have tried two more in another city and it goes offline when I create the api.

You can test your API key with different PWS ID’s using this in Firefox:

https://api.weather.com/v2/pws/observations/current?stationId=%3CPWS_ID%3E&format=json&units=m&apiKey=%3CAPI_KEY%3E

It’s possible WU have cracked down ppl that don’t have a PWS. It seems to be hit and miss.

nothing opens for me that address gives me an error

Ah, it got messed up in the copy/paste:

https://api.weather.com/v2/pws/observations/current?stationId=<PWS_ID>format=json&units=m&apiKey=<API_KEY>

You need to replace the <API_KEY> and <PWS_ID> with your API key and the PWS ID you want to test (without the <> brackets).

Anyway, Im off to bed. I hope you get it working. If not, it's time to buy a WU compatible PWS:

eg. the ECOWITT GW1101

2 Likes

It doesn't matter I'll leave it and that's it I give up, thanks for the help, rest