Good morning message

Hehe, WU make it very easy - their service is fully multilingual, and I just had to add 3 lines of code and add extra option to the language drop down.

4 Likes

ok I use openweather, so how should I do it? delete that driver and install the other? I tried it yesterday and it asked me for two APIs.

What should I fill in this field?

You'll need to get an API key for WU, it's a totally different service to OW.

It is recommended that you have your own PWS, but there are workarounds to access another person's PWS near you. The PWS is not an API key, it's the local weather station ID you are using (ideally your own).

eg, this is my PWS here in Melbourne, Australia:

but I don't know anyone who has their own station, I live in Spain, I thought I got it directly from the internet as OW, could you guide me a bit on how to make WU work?

Doesnt matter, just look on the WU map and find one near you.

It's Simple, sign up for a WU account. Create a PWS ("add device" in member settings), pick type as "other". This will give you an API key and you are good to go.

1 Like

I already did everything, I found a database, I registered, it gave me the password and the id, I put it but it doesn't come offline... here I show an image

That’s because you don’t have a PWS uploading data, not a big deal, just browse for one near you and use that.

Just make sure it’s actively uploading data.

On the page it appears online, but when I create it, it appears offline, I have two and the same thing happens, I'm doing something wrong..

Yes, you aren't following my instructions.

I have to put exactly where is that WU? those strings? I live like 3 km from that place

Just look on wunderground and grab the station id of someone there

Just the IELPRA21

In the end your page should look similar to this

2 Likes

I have no way to make it work, now I am sending you the steps to see what I am doing wrong

OFFLINE...

Ok?

Ok?

Try a different PWS - that one may not work.

There are dozens of them around your area, just browse the WU map for one close to you that is active and use that.

I only get two, they both go online, but when I create the api they go offline