Good morning message

and then? Nothing can be done? I have not found any controller in Spanish, everything is in English, come on, I'll have to screw myself and that's it from what I see?

I don’t think anyone is telling you to screw yourself.

Asking a community developer to add their own multi-language translation feature for a weather (or similar) device driver sounds like a huge ask, though.

I’m not a developer though, so perhaps someone will do it.

2 Likes

The truth is that I am quite disappointed, in short, it is what it is and that's it

Are there any sites or message boards you’re aware of for home automation enthusiasts in Spain?

Someone there might know more about local weather or traffic data sources that support Spanish.

yes of course HA, but it is not my home automation system, I use HE, it is quite sad to have to think about changing my system for these things, that you cannot change the language of things and having to use the translator is quite poor, if any developer If you are interested in translating your developments into Spanish, I would be delighted to help, since there are many of us who use hubitat.

1 Like

Yes but what’s the weather source for home assistant that outputs Spanish language forecasts for use as a text notification?

Or how does home assistant take an English language weather forecast and translate into Spanish?

What's the source though? Without the source it's tough to say.

1 Like

sat24.com puts it in the image I think right?

Source of the text?

Someone would have to write a device driver to integrate with the API. I'm sure it's doable by one of the dev's here. I mean if it's outputting Spanish for HA, it can do the same for HE.

1 Like

What??

The two notifications at the top of your screenshots, about the traffic and weather summary.

What is the source of that information?

I don't know it's an example of what I want to do, I saw it in a home assistant forum

You can change it in the openweather driver but unfortunately, a lot of the language is hardcoded in English, so unless you want to maintain your own driver you won't have much luck with it.
Here is an example of what it would look like if you made the changes to pull the data in Spanish
Screenshot 2023-08-09 143410

how did you do it? I can translate it from the page, but the data it sends me appears in English, what did you configure?

in the driver change line 375, add &lang=es just before &appid=
it should look like this:

ParamsOWM = [ uri: 'https://api.openweathermap.org/data/' + (apiVer==true ? '3.0' : '2.5') + '/onecall?lat=' + (String)altLat + '&lon=' + (String)altLon + '&exclude=minutely,hourly&mode=json&units=imperial&lang=es&appid=' + (String)apiKey, timeout: 20 ]

To translate the summary you need to start on line 1237

1 Like

357! Hahaha

lol, my bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok?