GoControl GD00Z-8

This is required for "barrier" devices like locks and garage door openers.

Can you clarify what you mean by this. Are you referring to the Device page for the opener?

Your Device page should look like this:

On the "Preferences" tab enable Debug Logging when you are trying to troubleshoot problems - do that now and hit the Save button.

Device info should look like below - make sure your "Type" is "Generic Z-Wave Garage Door Opener.

Once you've enabled Debug logging, open a live logging page (Logs) and then go back to your Device page in another tab and hit Open or Close (whater is opposite of the current garage door state) and take a screen cap of what appears in your live logs.

25-10-19-3979

You can filter logs by device, using the Filter drop-down.
25-10-19-3980

Post a screen cap (not a text grab) of the entries that appear for your garage door when you use the Open or Close command on the Garage Door Device page. If you're on windows you should be able to use the Windows Snipping tool.

BTW, you'll usually get the best help by showing screen caps of what you're doing...

The screaming is normal when Z-WaveJS does the re-interview the first time. Btw, when you unplug and replug, you need to manually cycle the door using the button on the wall. This is required by UL.

FWIW, if you want a driver that gives you a bit more info (like sensor battery alerts and UL lockout), I have a driver you can read about here:

When I first migrated to JS and when I replaced my C8 Pro warranty hub I got the alarm.
Unsettling the first time. You get up in the morning and hear the faint whine somewhere in the house/yard; blame the neighbours. :wink:
Then wonder why you Shed lights are on at night when you know your vinage 911 is parked in there. :flushed:

[Searching madly to see if he can find @dnickel's address so he can drop by and discuss a test drive] :smiley:

Thanks for the reminder about your driver...I keep forgetting to check it out!

If you make it this far I'll throw in a drive in the '91 928 as well.
Cheeky buggah. :rofl: