Giderwel / Gledopto RGBCCT 2-ID Controller

HI again.
It fades very smooth all the way to zero. No stepping, so it is very smooth.
RogerThat

1 Like

I'm going to get a RGB+CCT controller, have some questions before deciding which one to go

For 2id controller, using the Generic RGBW driver, the only id shown up will be for white color? or will be for RGB?

What's the advantage of having 2id? (assuming with a hue hub or 2id driver will be available)
It can have RGB chips and white chips turned on at the same time and increase total brightness?
However, the overall color will become washed out by the white color?

Yes you can turn them both on at the same time...to mix the amount of brightness and colour. Actually they are quite good in my opinion. But do note that both Ids will not connect to HE. They do both connect to a Hue hub and then you can control them from HE via that. Someone was building a device driver for the 2ID controller but then it went dark and never got completed as far as I could tell....

I just wanted to follow up here. I added a new gledopto and instead of connecting to my Hue, I connected directly to HE. It's a 2-ID device, and both white (cold/warm) and color work out of the box.

Oh, that's new. I don't recall seeing support for the 2-ID device announced. @mike.maxwell is this now supported OOTB?

2.1.7 looks to be it

1 Like

But that doesn't specify the 2-ID device which Mike had earlier said was non standard and a pain, hence his decision to not support it as far as I knew...

Hello guys, any news about the driver for this Gledopto controller with 2 IDs? I have four of these here that I need to pair with HE
COPY AND PASTE THIS ROW TO THE DEVELOPER: fingerprint model:"GL-C-007", manufacturer:"GLEDOPTO", profileId:"C05E", endpointId:"0B", inClusters:"0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300", outClusters:"", application:"01"

Works ok with Hue hub. I've seen various posts with people saying they were working on this or had a solution but never saw a definitive post or code posted.

They work fine with Hubitat. Both RGB and CW/WW

The 2-ID ones? Are you sure? Both channels? Last time I checked mine HE only found 1 channel.

Yes, the 2-id ones. I’ll post the model later today

1 Like

@mjcocat Please can you send the driver ?

• endpointId: 0B
  • application: 01
  • model: GL-C-008
  • manufacturer: GLEDOPTO

Type: Generic ZigBee RGBW Light

This is the default driver, works great on 1 ID, but on 2 ID does not work

Exactly.

Any news about the driver? I thought it would not be impossible to do because the hue bridge can identify the 2 ids

Using the standard Nue Zigbee Switch driver and Virtual Device Sync I managed to do that

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IdR-ePbcuULmJTjyltZ73B9fhbFJyLQq

but I can't change the driver of the child devices to be rgb and ww

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9vw6dSOp4JWMgvip7_w6zjM1et1Ps5Q/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RA0ysOLO0e95nVgNnbIhnhyAMqjbImaZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Nice, I set the driver to the standard "Nue Zigbee Switch", hit configure, then using the component devices I can turn the RGB and the White on/off separately. So seems the 2ID does pair in a way that you can control both RGB and White separately -- just need the appropriate driver to set the actual color and CT. @mitchp did you get anywhere with your driver?

1 Like

Maybe if we mix the Nue driver with an RGBWW driver, making it create the childs devices RGBWW