Geofence broke in 1.6.4 through 1.67

@mabstrategy,. Can you confirm the exact issuse. Does the latitude and longitude say 0.0? If that is the case I would hope and maybe suggest signing up for the beta and getting 1.6.8 to see if it resolved your issue.

Latitude and longitude are correct in the hub settings if that is what you mean?

Basically, and as others have reported, when I open up the app, the geofence tab clearly sees me as out of the geofence, but it does not update until I touch the radius slider device, then it updates immediately. Same for when I return - see image below which clearly shows me inside the geofence, but the app states I am outside of it, until that is, I touch the slider then boom, inside the goefence again with accompanying push message.

Yes, that is a different issue and I believe there is already another thread on that topic

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this issue? I'm having the same problem of LAT and LON both as 0 in the mobile app.

Galaxy Note 9 (Android 9)
Hubitat Mobile App version 1.7.2 build 138
Hubitat C-8 Firmware 2.3.8.118

It's got me looking for an App data editor so I can just go in and edit the values manually! That's too much trouble though... since Android directory structures are such a mess.

Thanks,
Gary

I gave up on the geofencing. The geofencing is appears to be PHONE specific. I have two hubs in two different cities and travel between them. So resetting the geofence each time I travel is too much work. I use the iphone wifi phone sensor. GitHub - joelwetzel/Hubitat-iPhone-Presence-Sensor: A virtual presence sensor for Hubitat that checks if an iPhone/Android is on the WiFi network.. Setup static IPs for the phone(s). You may need two if you 2.4 and 5 GHz. The link says iphone, but I have an Android (blu G9 pro) and it works like a charm. My hubs are a C-7 and a C-8.

Laurie...

Since you are on Android i suggest using HD+ and it has accurate presence plus so much more.