GE/Jasco Z-Wave Switches are frustrating!

I have very low LED loads in some places, only the GE switches and dimmer can handle those.

I was able to connect my Hubitat in exclude mode and do it but I had to have the other hub powered off and then throw off the circuit it was on the power off the Z-Wave circuit. I was excluding from a Wink and did not want to pay Wink the money to access my hub to exclude them from it. Not sure if anything but some IFTTT to only line services runs on it now.

You have to be really quick. I will take several tries.

Pulling the air gap,will not power off the Z-wave, only the power output. You need to use the circuit breaker.

3 times, basically as fast as you can go and make sure it is exactly 3.

Just commenting to say something nice about Jasco. I get it that others have had different experiences with them.

I had a GE 14291 switch go bad yesterday after an extended power outage. Relay kept clicking and load flashed. Power cycle, exclude/include, factory reset didn't help. I was left with just the blue LED flashing continuously.

This is the second (or perhaps third) time I've had an issue out of 30+ of their switches in use. Again this time, chatted with them and a replacement is on its way. This, even though the switch was manufactured more than five years ago, and I purchased four years ago.

2 Likes

It's one of the main reasons I only use GE\Jasco\Ultra Pro switches... The exchange process if you have a problem with switch was perfectly painless and super fast for the two switches I've had to replace over the last 6 years or so. (Both of them were the older basic Z-Wave switches from years ago.)

The other reason is they give me zero problems. No muss no fuss operation.

1 Like