Garage Door tile unknown state options

I wrote about the garage door tile here: Garage Door (Control) unknown state

The feature request here is when the garage door tile (or heck many other device/tile that supports "unknown" states) to be able to still in some way optionally send the open or close command to the device (or whatever makes sense). Another idea would be to allow a "reset" message for these kind of devices and when in the "unknown" state that pressing the tile button asks if you want to send the device a reset request.

Just some thoughts for you to consider. Thanks.

Could probably do what you’re asking with basic rule…

2 Likes

I’ll be honest I’m not interested in work arounds. The feature request is something along the lines as I suggest here and I think it’s a valid ask.

You’re asking for a dashboard tile to have the capability to have rule logic which is unnecessarily duplicative of capabilities that already exist, but nothing stopping you from asking.

1 Like

I don’t believe that’s what I’m asking for. I’m asking for the current tile to be able to perform an action when the state of the device and thus the tile is shown as “unknown”. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have the control tile when pressed in this state to ask if I want to perform an open or close action. Currently it asks me when it is in the open or closed state if I’m sure I want to perform the action so this isn’t too far off the beaten path.

Its not a tile issue. Its a device issue. I have had garage door devices change to unknown state
after not working for whatever reason.
And i can confirm the state by looking at the door or with a camera. But as you say when in this state the device tile and panel open/close no longer works. The only way to fix it is to manually ie via wall switch open/close the garage door a few times till the sensor changes are read and the device syncs.

In an empty house this is a real problem. I don't know if it can be solved in a device driver if there is a force open or close command to be sent but i think that is what the op is asking for?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.