Garadget Support

Nice, I was actually going down the same path making a stand alone driver. Yours is probably better though LOL. It's in my Github if you want to compare notes. :slight_smile:

I'll link yours up in the main post to encourage those who find this post to go down the MQTT path.

2 Likes

I like some of the things you have in your like the watchdog. Next week when I get some time I'll update. Also @hovee and I were trying to decide if it should include on/off. Originally i had it but removed it. Thoughts on good reasons to keep it in there?

I'm not 100% sure if the watchdog was necessary. Like, I thought maybe Hubitat would handle a disconnect from the MQTT broker automatically, but it didn't seem to so the watchdog fixed that.

I honestly just kept the open/close commands in the driver since the cloud version had it. I'm not sure if Alexa or Google Home will see it as a garage so saying open & close may not work? You could say turn Garage on or turn Garage off though.

Google home doesn't like anything that says it's a garage door...I can try putting the on/off back in and seeing if google will allow it. Alternatively a virtual switch and a rule could be added.

Yeah, I honestly didn't test the stability of rebooting hubitat/broker to see if the connection restores. Little more testing there required.

You may want to look into this app. I was able to set up my fans through this for proper control. I will try setting up the garage door through this as well and report back.

I’m able to pass it as a garage door using the google community app. However like you mention it doesn’t like anything named “Garage Door”. I renamed it in the Google App to “Garage Door Home”. I now have control of it through Google. I will probably set up a shortcut so I don’t have to say “Garage Door Home”.

Here’s pics of my setup in Google Community App.

I've been watching this app....waiting for it to come out of Alpha...or me to get another hub ( I really need to ) for development and to run these alpha apps on.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.