Future support for Linkind water leak sensors

Hi Hubitat support team, wrt the case per the link below (you closed it so fast before I could reply to the last response from Mike!).

The answer to Mike's question is yes , I have more than 10 of these devices at home and they work using a generic driver as I already mentioned in the initial case (pls check the details in the top of my case as per the above link).

Can you pls guide me to how I may get the status of the batteries on these devices through HE so for example if they are 20% or below life-time, I will get an alert sent to my iPhone or email?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Use HSM to monitor all your battery devices. Set threshold to 20% and it will notify you

1 Like

Thank you so much, Rick for the tip , I'll try HSM , that will be the first time !

Can I propagate HSM alerts to my Apple Home (HomeKit) App which is already connected to my HE using the beta HE App, how this can be done?

I'm including a link below for Mike @mike.maxwell from Hubitat support in case he wants to get his hand on one of these devices to develop a specific driver in the future:

https://www.amazon.com/Linkind-Detector-Required-Wireless-Bathroom/dp/B08YDB1PCK?th=1

Hi Rick @rlithgow1 lithgow1 , thank you again for pointing me to HSM. However, I can't see an option or setting in HSM to send an alert for the battery level of a water sensor, did I miss anything?

Hi Mike @mike.maxwell ike.maxwell, the monitor option under "What do you want to monitor?" is the status wet/dry only. The battery status is not included. So perhaps that can be a future function of HSM that Hubitat support can add in the following release?

BTW, battery and wet/dry status are 2 status details that are already available in the device configuration of my Linkind water sensor devices.

Thank you

Take a look at @bptworld's Device Watch Dog app. Does activity reporting, battery reporting and more. Install with the Bundle Manager app or directly from Github.

2 Likes

Here is another option for monitoring battery levels and device check in.

3 Likes

@oldcomputerwiz That's the one I use. Just got an alert on a contact sensor battery as a matter of fact.

2 Likes

What additional capabilities does this device have that are not made available by the built-in “Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor” or “Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp)” drivers?

Generally, a specific driver is needed only if a device has additional standard Hubitat capabilities not exposed by a generic driver, or if the device uses a non-standard cluster for a standard capability.

2 Likes

Battery level reporting is notoriously unreliable. I would encourage you to use @bertabcd1234’s “Device Activity Check” instead, which can be configured to report inactive devices, i.e. once that have not checked in within a preconfigured time period. @oldcomputerwiz linked to it above, and @tivomaniac commented on his use of it.

2 Likes

As @rlithgow1 indicated, HSM already supports battery level alerts. You need to configure a custom monitoring rule. Like this:

2 Likes

Sorry to sort of resurrect a dead-ish thread, but does anyone with these sensors know how often I should expect them to check in? I installed 4 of them on Saturday (~44 hours ago) and not one of them has reported any activity since then.

Obviously, I'd expect water leak sensors to be quiet or I have major problems in my home, but I did expect periodic battery reporting.

What prompted my question is that I do run Device Activity Check on my hub with a 36 hour threshold and I just got an alert on these 4 new sensors (which are not only my first Linkind sensors but my first of anything Zigbee at all (I have 70+ Z-Wave and ~190 Lutron devices), so I'm trying to understand the ecosystem in addition to the sensors themselves).