Frient motion sensor pro not pairing correctly

Change to the built-in driver called "Device". Click Save. Then click "Delete All States". Then change back to the driver "frient Motion Sensor Pro", and click "Configure". See if the states start appearing on the Device page.

3 Likes

Followed the instruction

And then

Not sure what it did, but it looks the same

This one makes zero sense to me. Clearly the device is working and producing data. What browser is being used?

2 Likes

I’m using the app on an iPad

I’ve tried Safari and Chrome. Both do the same

@mike.maxwell

Assuming this isn't a browser artifact, could a corrupt database cause state updates not to appear on the device page?

1 Like

I did have a hell of a job getting it to pair and had to try more than 10 times, removing the device each time. :thinking:

Try removing it, go to backups and download a new backup to your pc. Do a soft reset and restore from the backup you made to your pc. Factory reset the sensor then try pairing again right next to it...

2 Likes

Thanks for sticking with this. :+1:t2:

Okay, so:
Restored previous backup for a few days ago.
Check device was no longer showing - it wasn’t.
Paired sensor - right next to hub. Paired first time without issue. (Will remember that for future pairs)
Checked device page - still looked the same.

Clicked configure - after about a minute, all four statuses showed up.

Clicked save preferences - all four statuses disappeared.
Tried clicking configure again - sometimes nothing happens, sometime just motion shows up, and sometimes some show up but not others.

Tried creating a tile to show the different sensor outputs without success.
Set to attributes but the only choices available are

Tried setting it to illuminence and motion, just says unknown.

Tried using illuminence in a simple rule and it was available. Let’s see if that works. I’ll let you know.

Why do the illuminence, temperature and motion not show up permanently in the device page?

Why can I not setup a tile with them on?

Update - the simple rule used less than 5000 illuminence as a restriction.
The rule completely ignores it.

The sensor is measuring though. In daylight it reads over 21000 and in dark reads a few hundreds.

I don’t know if pressing configure on the device page is meant to get updated statuses, but it is very unreliable. Sometimes when clicked it doesn’t respond at all even when waiting several minutes, and some it responds straight away. :thinking:
I’ve tried the sensor close to the hub and far away and it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Do you have a link to where you bought the device?

2 Likes

From Amazon

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08WXSZ56Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Out of stock and only in the uk. I know @AABfrient is working on us distribution. Only way I can get them is via ebay but they're like $44 usd, abiyrg 7.00 for shipping and $3 for tax. So a bit pricy or I would buy one to test out... :frowning:

1 Like

Okay.
I appreciate you trying to sort it out. I think it’s time to return it to Amazon and try something else. It’s a pity as it is exactly what I needed.

I think I’ll try a Xiaomi Mi Light Detection Sensor White | Techinn

Any other suggestions for a light sensor to work with Hubitat?

Look at the hue all in one sensors (indoor or outdoor) Pair right to hubiat

2 Likes

Okay, thanks.
Do you have a link? I’m not sure I’m looking at the right one.

@andy_downs1
This is the way to go:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Motion-Sensor-Installation-Free-Exclusively/dp/B076MGK22M/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Indoor-Motion-Sensor-Synthetics/dp/B0748NCMNW/

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08WXSZ56Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

Supports illuminance (lux) Temp, motion

1 Like

The Philips Motion sensors are pretty widely used here. I have a couple, they work well with Hubitat. Same set of current states shown by @rlithgow1 ....

1 Like

Is this zigbee or zwave? I can only see wireless mentioned, but not what type?