Frient Air Quality Sensor

Mine works on a 1-5 scale. I use the built in driver without issue.,... @mike.maxwell created the driver while working with frient themselves.

0-1 Good
1-2 Fair
2-3 Moderate
3-4 Unhealthy
4-5 Insalubrious

my current reading :smiley: and it was as high as 18 a few days back. if I put it outside, or I open the window it goes down to 1 or 0 for a few minutes then climbs up. my place is not particularly polluted as its cleaned regularly and no rugs, etc.. so its interesting. how can I trust this device anymore ?

Hmm... My frient has battery...

which hubitat platform version you are on ?mine is 2.3.7.145

2.3.8.118 but I've had it since the beginning back on 2.3.7 beta

meh I'm super cautious with the upgrades in winter season. My z-wave mesh sometimes go sideways after upgrade. :slight_smile: thanks for checking!
opened this topic to discuss my issue further. in case you interested. Frient Air Quality Sensor AQI issues

also one more thing I can think of, is the device firmware version. not even sure if its upgradeable. will research tomorrow.

I can't get my Freint Air Quality sensor connected. It appears to connect then times out. Any ideas?

I tried all 3 ways and did a reset in between them

Shut down hub and then unplug for a couple of mins. Power back up. Factory reset the sensor then Pair next to the hub as just regular zigbee

no luck.

Use this workaround.

no go.

Can you confirm you followed all steps precisely?

Try the procedure once again. I have the Frient heat detector, and it was difficult to pair it in my setup as well.

For how long time you are holding the pairing button down?

Pairing

Press and hold the button under the plastic cover for 15 seconds to start the pairing process. The light will flash once at 5 seconds, twice at 10 seconds and will flash rapidly at 15 seconds at which point you can release.

I the the air quality sensor it paired right up for me..

I assume when the last 4 characters change you have factory reset the device.

These are from 3 of the many attempts

Initializing Zigbee Device 0015BC003600270F, 4347
Initializing Zigbee Device 0015BC003600270F, 6266
Initializing Zigbee Device 0015BC003600270F, 38AD

Yes, the DNI changes on each unsuccessful pairing attempt…

Did you follow the pairing steps from 0 to 5 not skipping or modifying anything?

On the last step 5, did you held the pairing button down for 15 seconds ?

Rick, I suppose you have paired successfully your Frient AQ sensor long time ago, on your first attempt?

followed all instructions numerous times.

I finally got the monitor discovered. I ended up back reving the system to 2.3.8.140 and it discovered. I was originally on 2.3.9.164 updated to 2.3.9.166 and it failed on both of these versions.

@mike.maxwell see above. Strange having to roll back.