Freezing hub - C7

When I try to restore I get :

I am going backward, I am trying to find the latest not corrupted backup.

1 Like

I was able to restore from backup stored on the hub. Surprisingly all my external back-up were showing as corrupted (I have tried to restore backward the daily back up until 10th of October 2022).

I have changed the network settings DHCP and speed to auto. I had no time to check for jumbo frame but I will try tomorrow morning.

1 Like

You might consider getting Hub Protect. Aside from the local and onboard backups you would get cloud backups and backup of your z-wave radio.

Do you what is the difference between :

and this :

When I look at the size of the file there is a big difference. I was able to retrieve the back up from the hub but all my daily back-up from my NAS were showing as corrupted.

For the first time in two weeks It is working overnight. I'm crossing my fingers.

1 Like

That certainly is strange. Are you doing a curl to get the backup to your nas? What about if you do a manual backup (click download)?

To back-up, I am doing It on my Synology NAS following this method : Automatic Hubitat Backup to Synology Nas without PC - #4 by dcaton1220

That should've worked. If it keeps generating those tiny files, try it without the --backups=7

Unfortunately, the issue came back. Not sure how to test the MTU, I did those tests :

Capture d’écran, le 2023-01-04 à 18.25.20

Can we conclude that It is not an MTU issue ? @aaiyar

Is there any device on your LAN for which you enabled jumbo frames? If there isn't, then the issue lies elsewhere.

Try:

1. A new ethernet cable.
  2. A different port on your network switch (or a different switch entirely).

There is no device for which I enabled jumbo frames. I have no new hardware connected : same modem-router, same raspberry pi, same unmanaged switch. The only new thing I have is a Zigbee Sinope thermostat.

I don't see anything obvious in the logs, no app or driver is using an excessive amount of CPU JasonJoel.

The hub is not overheating. In the basement at the same place for 2 years.

Not sure where to look, wecoyote5 have you been able to find something on your side ?

I did that. Let's see. Thanks for your help !

1 Like

@gopher.ny any suggestions?

Even If the network interface is not working, It should not affect the zigbee and the zwave automation but they are not working (by example outdoor lights) ?

Yes. Sensor triggered and time-triggered automation should still work.

No smoking gun yet. Per a suggestion I've replaced the power supply, that's the last change. Knock on wood it's been up 3 days, but it was up that long last time, too. If it makes it a week then maybe the old power supply was dying. I'm doubtful that was it but I am desperate as, like you, there are 0 indications of a problem so it was worth a shot.
At this time I've been keeping 3 Chrome tabs open (ZW logs, Live Logs, and a dashboard screen with all the 'Hub Info' data to monitor Free Memory) so I'll at least have a snapshot of the hub right before the next freeze. I'm hoping to catch the culprit.

2 Likes

Happened to another community members C5 and power supply was it:

Any 5V 1A power brick will work so worth trying.

1 Like

I will try just to rule It out. However I still have the green light when frozen.

2 Likes

I read this post, too; but same as @zieghous, mine also still had the green light on.

This is sadly the worst scenario, all outward signs indicate no problem and the problem is random. Fingers crossed it was the power supply but i'm not counting on it.

1 Like

It is not working properly with hub login security. I probably need to add login and password into the script. I have tried without Hub login security and It works :

Correct. If you have login enabled, you need to download a cookie and use it. Here's one that works under bash on Linux. Perhaps you can modify it suitably for your needs:

#
he_login=your_username # edit this
he_passwd=your_password # edit this
he_ipaddr=your_HE_IP # edit this
cookiefile=`/bin/mktemp`
backupdir=/opt/hubitat/hubitat-backup
backupfile=$backupdir/$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M).lzf
#
find $backupdir/*.lzf -mtime +5 -exec rm {} \;
curl -k -c $cookiefile -d username=$he_login -d password=$he_passwd https://$he_ipaddr/login
curl -k -sb $cookiefile https://$he_ipaddr/hub/backupDB?fileName=latest -o $backupfile
rm $cookiefile
1 Like