Flume integration

I take it back. If I close the app and re-open it, it looks like it is now activated in away mode. I'll try RM again to see if I can replicate.

1 Like

It appears to work by leaving the parameter empty. I got it working in both away and arrived modes.

1 Like

Perfect. My Flume device should be here soon, so I'll do it that way when I put it into service. Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

Sounds like you figured it out, but yes, I've found it does NOT require a parameter too.

BTW, the Flume online chat help staff is fantastic. They're happy to get technical answers from the engineers pretty real-time if you contact them during the day.

2 Likes

I agree, as is their email support. Really helpful, interested, and knowledgeable.

I agree. They helped me out a ton even with knowing that I wasn't yet a paying customer. Their support team made a great first impression for the company.

1 Like

I posted an update today that adds the PresenceSensor capability, which means that 'presence' will be reported on the device based on the away_mode status.

1 Like

I've been trying to update (using HPM) for a while and keep getting this message:

**Error Occurred During Installation**

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade driver https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/hubitat_flume/main/flumeDevice.

Any idea if this is a problem on your end or mine? Thanks!

I just ran an update from HPM on my system and it completed correctly. I had a quick look at the HPM code, but I haven't reviewed it extensively enough to really understand what might be going wrong.

Maybe try a Repair for the Flume integration in HPM and then Upgrade again?

Yep, the repair took care of it. Odd, but I won't worry about it. But I'll remember if it happens again.

Thanks for all of the work on this, it's most appreciated! I was in the process of creating a node-red node for flume, but it's so much easier just to use your work here on HE and export it using the Maker API. Thanks again!

1 Like

I have the following in my notificationStream : [2021-02-13T17:09:43.000Z]: To reconnect your device, open your Flume App and follow the instructions on your Dashboard.

I can't find anything in Flume that is trying to give me instructions. Do I have something configured wrong?

No, that's just the latest notification that was observed. I had one similar that popped up when I temporarily lost connectivity between my sensor and gateway. You can see that the timestamp is from last month.

The notificationStream is meant to be used for triggering on the event of a new notification occurring (that is, a change on the notificationStream attribute), not to indicate the current status.

Ok, well now I have a new problem. It was a false alarm on a small leak but I can't get the notifications to stop. I've changed the wet status to dry in Hubitat. In Flume app I've turned off smart leak detection (which triggered it). I deleted notifications. Not sure what to do next.

Which notifications do you mean? Is it firing events in Hubitat on each refresh? EDIT: by events, I mean either the "water" attribute or the notificationStream

Oh, I have it in set up in HSM and I didn't realize I needed to cancel it there. I think I'm good now.

1 Like

I have been meaning to check out what the behavior is when you delete a notification in the Flume app. Does a subsequent event still show up in Hubitat? There's a chance that they get out of sync and my driver ends up ahead of the app (and could miss events). If you have a reliable way of triggering events based on water flow (sprinklers or whatever) and you clear out the alerts in the app, will you check if they still show up in Hubitat?

After some troubleshooting, I confirmed that this is true.

I posted a new version, 1.1.1, that fixed the issue by "catching up" if things are out of sync. It's available on GitHub and is also updated in my repo listing for HPM.

1 Like

Sorry, I was out of the net over the last week camping in Big Bend. Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks to you guys for this driver and support. I bought the Flume this weekend based solely on this thread. I've been using StreamLabs for the last couple of years but there's no Hubitat integration and the accuracy leaves something to be desired.

One question, is there another way to set the water attribute to wet other than with the Flume Smart Leak alert? The minimum time for that alert is 2 hours. Allot of damage can occur with that amount of time. I'd like to build a rule to close my LeakSmart valve with something less than 2 hours of leaking.

1 Like

My suggestion would be to use the notificationStream event changes as a trigger to close your valve. In my experience, that responds quickly if a usage alert is triggered based on settings in the Flume app.

For example, I close my valve on any notification that occurs overnight, because there isn't a valid reason at my house for that to happen.

You just have to set your usage alerts in the Flume app and then handle the notificationStream value changes in Hubitat (like with Rule Machine or similar) when they occur.

@scunny

1 Like