Flume integration

No, that's just the latest notification that was observed. I had one similar that popped up when I temporarily lost connectivity between my sensor and gateway. You can see that the timestamp is from last month.

The notificationStream is meant to be used for triggering on the event of a new notification occurring (that is, a change on the notificationStream attribute), not to indicate the current status.

Ok, well now I have a new problem. It was a false alarm on a small leak but I can't get the notifications to stop. I've changed the wet status to dry in Hubitat. In Flume app I've turned off smart leak detection (which triggered it). I deleted notifications. Not sure what to do next.

Which notifications do you mean? Is it firing events in Hubitat on each refresh? EDIT: by events, I mean either the "water" attribute or the notificationStream

Oh, I have it in set up in HSM and I didn't realize I needed to cancel it there. I think I'm good now.

1 Like

I have been meaning to check out what the behavior is when you delete a notification in the Flume app. Does a subsequent event still show up in Hubitat? There's a chance that they get out of sync and my driver ends up ahead of the app (and could miss events). If you have a reliable way of triggering events based on water flow (sprinklers or whatever) and you clear out the alerts in the app, will you check if they still show up in Hubitat?

After some troubleshooting, I confirmed that this is true.

I posted a new version, 1.1.1, that fixed the issue by "catching up" if things are out of sync. It's available on GitHub and is also updated in my repo listing for HPM.

1 Like

Sorry, I was out of the net over the last week camping in Big Bend. Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks to you guys for this driver and support. I bought the Flume this weekend based solely on this thread. I've been using StreamLabs for the last couple of years but there's no Hubitat integration and the accuracy leaves something to be desired.

One question, is there another way to set the water attribute to wet other than with the Flume Smart Leak alert? The minimum time for that alert is 2 hours. Allot of damage can occur with that amount of time. I'd like to build a rule to close my LeakSmart valve with something less than 2 hours of leaking.

1 Like

My suggestion would be to use the notificationStream event changes as a trigger to close your valve. In my experience, that responds quickly if a usage alert is triggered based on settings in the Flume app.

For example, I close my valve on any notification that occurs overnight, because there isn't a valid reason at my house for that to happen.

You just have to set your usage alerts in the Flume app and then handle the notificationStream value changes in Hubitat (like with Rule Machine or similar) when they occur.

@scunny

1 Like

Thank you.

Am I on the right path that I could create a custom rule name and then use the notificationStream to filter on the rule name and trigger an action?

Yep, that's the idea. I have triggered on a change in that attribute, but I haven't tried parsing it in a rule yet. If you figure out that formatting it differently would help for parsing, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I do changed between times as the triggering condition that I described for unexpected overnight water flow.

1 Like

The usage of the notification stream and filter that as a custom attribute works fine. The problem is I am frequently getting * commStatus : error and of course the notification stream does not update and the rule fails.

Any idea on how to fix the commstatus error?

Please try enabling debug logging to see if there are any clues.

My guess is a loss of connectivity to the Flume cloud. If a periodic refresh fails it will set the commStatus attribute to error. But it will still try again in the next scheduled refresh interval.

If you wait a couple of minutes does it resolve itself? If not, what do you have to do to restore proper operation? That information plus the debug logs around the time of a failure would be helpful.

Sorry for the delay. It cleared up and has not happened again although I have seen this more than once in the past.

I just added this to the HPM and there was an update so I'll keep and eye on it and send the logs if it happens again.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This is a really fantastic integration - thank you very much, @tomw!

If you take donations for your efforts, I'd love to contribute a few bones - this driver is a big win for Flume users!

1 Like

I am interested and following this thread. Are you guys using the Flume (Amazon $149) or the Flume2 ($199)? Differences?

I just installed a Flume 2 last night / today... It was on sale for Mem Day at amazon, so I decided what the heck...

Flume 2 seems to offer the typical benefits of a gen-2 product - better range, battery life, etc. It sounds like they'll be rolling out more granular usage data sometime in 2021 too - not sure if that will be limited to v2 or not.

As others have mentioned in this thread, the Flume support team is really great... Last night, my Flume kept hanging up on the very last setup step (sensor calibration). Their support team was out for the holiday, but I chatted with them right away this morning and they had me squared away within minutes - for whatever reason, an update to my unit didn't go thru (unbeknownst to me) during my setup - they saw that right away and pushed the update to me. Waited a few minutes for it to settle, then it all worked like a champ.

I'll always be a fan of a company with great support - these folks are all that.

1 Like

Thanks for the Info

Another question or two please. How well does the Flume driver (the one ref'd in this thread) for Hubitat work? What data does it provide etc.