Flume integration

Which is the non-pay limits

Got it. I am grand fathered in on the earlier capabilities without their paywall.

2 Likes

these changes will increase the ability for detection over gaps in readings as well .. which was another piece that I wanted to do (again based on the graph) @scunny

2 Likes

Thank you for your work on this.

2 Likes

Replaced my flume 2 batteries in Oct 2021, and they are dead already - and I put in 2 battery packs!

Contacted Flume, and they are sending me a new unit - no further questions asked, as they said that is not expected behavior nor normal.

Pretty great customer support, I must say.

4 Likes

I had the same experience recently. I jinxed it by bragging that mine was submerged many times but never had water damage. During the recent freeze, it finally got some water inside and got fried.

I pinged them before I attempted to repair it myself, and they offered to send a free replacement with free shipping. Took about 5 minutes between requesting it and having a replacement order confirmation.

4 Likes

Damn...that is admirable customer support, @tomw and @JasonJoel

Can we stop w/the annoying bragging, already?! :wink: Thank goodness @tomw and @cgmckeever are taking care of us so well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely!

1 Like

New release is out via HPM to refine the ability for custom rules/triggers.

To allow custom triggering/alerting/rules directly in Hubitat, a flowDurationMin has been added to indicate the current water flow time. Additionally, a variable parameter has been added to provide the ability to define how much time to look back in the flow history to identify flow.

Thanks to @tomw @danabw @erktrek

4 Likes

Just to be clear, my involvement was limited to stumbling about in a darkened room with a Flume in my hand calling out "Marco...Marco..."

Congrats on the release!

3 Likes

This fix went in to version 1.2.1, available on GitHub and HPM now. FYI @paj418, please let me know if you still see issues with this version.

3 Likes

Tom - I'm on 1.2.0 and not seeing the update in HPM...likely a timing issue, but just in case thought I let you know. I can install 1.2.1 on my second C7 from HPM (just did that as a test - new install, not an update), but my first C7 has 1.2.0 and when I run Update HPM doesn't find anything new.

I also tried Match Up in HPM and that didn't find anything to match up.

Were you able to update from 1.2.0. to 1.2.1. using HPM?

NVM - ran a repair in HPM and it correctly updated to 1.2.1. Must have been some wires crossed in my Flume data in HPM.

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

@tomw "Save Preferences" still generates a "wet" state. No new Alerts in the Notifications section of the Flume App. The HE device driver reports the last alert:

notificationStream : [2022-01-30T11:45:00.000Z]: Flume Smart Leak Alert triggered at xxxxxxxx Residence. Water has been running for 2 hours averaging 0.06 gallons every minute. The potential leak has used 7 gallons of water so far.

(This was caused by my 1st floor furnace humidifier before I automated it to turn off for 6 minutes after 1 1/2 hours of continuous run.)

EDIT: Didn't notice the 1.2.1 update (was 1.2.0) . Problem solved. Set Preferences no longer causes "wet" from stale alerts.

4 Likes

That's great. I was about to say I was stumped as to how it was still not working. :wink:

2 Likes

What is the proper setting for the new period of time to analyze setting?

There really isnt one, its all based on a few things

• your meter/pipe
  • your expectations desires
  • your accuracy of your flume

For example, the default that Flume itself uses is 2min. Which means if it see any flow in a 2 minute time span, it will continue to monitor that flow is running. Once that 2 minute has no flow, it resets.

If you want to be a little more conservative you can bump it up to 3 or 4 to catch slower leaks that might not record as frequent in the flume device, based on the above bullets.

You then couple all that into a rule where you trigger something when the flowDurationMin hits some level

This graph shows what inspired this need, where I had created a 1 GPH "leak" that would not properly trigger because the 2 min window would occasionally be wider

3 Likes

If I understand correctly, you're saying that you could have a slow flow lasting for an extended period of time and that if there were a 2 minute break in the flow Flume would reset the flow and start over, therefore causing a rule to not fire because of that 2 minute lull?

And, by changing the flow duration to say 5 minutes that would eliminate the potential false reporting of the small leak?

Am I correct that is the only, although very important function of this new attribute?

that you could have a slow flow lasting for an extended period of time and that if there were a 2 minute break in the flow Flume would reset the flow and start over, therefore causing a rule to not fire because of that 2 minute lull?

exactly

by changing the flow duration to say 5 minutes that would eliminate the potential false reporting of the small leak?

more so, it would allow the indication of a slow leak that might have gone undetected. or "eliminate the lack of reporting of a small leak"

Am I correct that is the only, although very important function of this new attribute?

This also introduced the flowDurationMin which calculates flow time, by using this new preference to see if there was any flow in that time period (ie 5 min in your example as opposed to just the standard refresh time which is 2 min default)

5 Likes

Thank you sir.

3 Likes

Been meaning to ask this...I never figured out what this was for...came in the box w/my Flume. What's it's porpose?