Floor Heating Thermostat (EU)

Hi @simon, is your MCO Home MH7H-EH Smart Thermostat working properly?
I just connected same thermostat to Hubitat C-7 but I can't control it from webcore.
It does not reflect to any settings of heatingsetpoints.

My C7 Z-wave is all over the place right now. I'm sick of powering off, waiting 30 seconds, powering on again, using PC Controller to delete ghost nodes, etc, etc

So most of my Z-wave devices are not performing properly. I'm sitting waiting on the next HE update, if that does not sort out the Z-Wave quickly I'm going to revert back to my C4.

@simon
2 days ago I finally received my new HE C-7 and start migrating everything (z-wave devices + pistons) from ST hub v3 to HE C-7 but I'm starting to be very disappointed because of the HE hub reaction delays, freezing software, devices are getting disconnected quite often and automation from webcore are mostly not running while the same configuration was working properly without any delays on SmartThings hub. Currently I have migrated about 20+ devices but I stop migrating the rest 50+ devices and 60+ pistons because of the system lag on HE hub.
Regarding of the MCO thermostats they are running fine 30 minutes after I restart HE but after 30 minutes HE is not able to perform any changes on thermostats just read data from them.
It seems to be that I'm going to migrate everything back to SmartThings because HE is mostly not running.
I decided to migrate from ST to HE just because of the Echo Speaks as it was disabled on SmartThings :frowning:

btw. thanks for the reply.

1 Like

im sure you have ghost devcies from failed zwave repairs that you need to remove to get the hub working correctly

@kahn-hubitat, Thanks for the reply.
Is this a ghost device? If yes, how can I remove/delete it from the hub please?

no that is the hub itself always ignore node 1

This one is just with empty in/out clusters. Rest of the devices seems to be ok just are in the status FAILED like those 2 examples from my hub.

He is much better than ST and getting better and better. It's just a matter of time before the kinks in the new C7 get worked out.

Stick with it if you can.

To be honest I like the HE C-7 solution just expecting to work more precisely without any delays and disconnected devices :frowning:
Hopefully the coming update will be released soon and fix those annoying bugs.

@simon
I figured out the issue with MCO thermostats that caused serious performance issues on my HE C-7.
When I enabled all type of logging on thermostats I found out that they are (8 thermostats) generating tons of log entries in a few seconds 24/7 what affected HE performance.
When I read carrefully the MCO thermostat docu I found out there is a default parameter that report humidity and temperature periodically also when no changes (value) on them so I decided to change the default parameter to send update to hub just in case temp and humidity changed.

Below screenshot parameter was changed from 2 - 1 - 3 to 2 - 1 -1.
2 - 1 - 3 (default) -> Upload temperature and humidity automatically -> Upload the difference+timing upload mode
2 - 1- 1 (new) -> Upload temperature and humidity automatically -> Upload the difference value only

I did the same change on all 8 thermostats and everything start properly running no lag no delays. Switches (20+) working almost immediately and also the contact sensors reporting changes immediately.
Maybe described change also fix your issue.

2 Likes

Well done.

I'll look at that.

Thanks

1 Like

My thermostat was at the same setting as yours, I've now changed it as above.

Again, many thanks.

Simon

1 Like

What driver are you using?

To set the parameter I used the Basic Z-Wave Tool.
I have been using the Generic Z-Wave Thermostat driver for this device.

Not sure if I have same model mine dosnt report humidity

Mine reports humidity:

I won't mess must be different modles, mine is a bit chatty

Battery? Can you share your thermostat model or picture?

This one is mains powered..... I don't know why the Generic Z-Wave Driver is reporting battery for a mains powered device.

1 Like

Ok, to have no misunderstanding, you are talking about this device ?