First Alert Zcombo Generation 2

I have 7 of the first gen units, no issues with mine and low batteries. I have had the units for 1.5 years and replaced the batteries in 3 out of 7 devices so far.

1 Like

Thanks! Picked up the 3-pack from Costco.

1 Like

I found one.. Says it will be in on Thursday

3 Likes

Fingerprint:
ID: 2F

Manufacturer: 0138

Product Name:

Model Number:

deviceTypeId: 185

nodeId : 2F

deviceId : 0003

manufacturer : 0138

deviceType : 0001

inClusters : 0x5E,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x80,0x9F,0x71,0x84,0x70,0x6C

outClusters :

1 Like

I'm getting the following message in the Generic Z-Wave Smoke/CO Detector driver:

Current States

• smoke : clear
  • carbonMonoxide : clear
  • battery : 100
  • unknownAlarmReport : AlarmReport(alarmLevel:0, alarmType:0, eventParameter:[], numberOfEventParameters:0, zensorNetSourceNodeId:0, zwaveAlarmEvent:5, zwaveAlarmStatus:255, zwaveAlarmType:9)

Yeah, I got 2 3-packs. Both Z-Wave Plus.

They're definitely Z-Wave plus. Got mine (2 3-packs), and the carton labeling and device labeling emphasize Z-wave plus. They're cheap because, well, it's Costco.

So the first gen detector won't work with ring alarm? :sob:

Correct.

1 Like

Driver is in 2.2.4.. For Gen2 and Gen3

4 Likes

@bcopeland - can you please tell me the exact day and hour when 2.2.4 will release?

(Go ahead and whisper it...I promise not to tell anyone else.)

:wink:

The very moment it is ready :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have met my master, and he is @bcopeland. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone looking to pick some of these up that missed the last sale, Costco is $20 off the 3-pack again until the 2nd.

1 Like

@bcopeland I'm also seeing an unknownAlarmReport when using the Generic Smoke/CO driver for the First Alert ZCOMBO gen 2 (acquired from Costco this month). Waited until 2.2.4 was installed to include this smoke alarm... overall it seems fine, but it'd be nice if the driver were able to catch and parse all the messages from the alarm. Here's what's in the device log:

Log Entries

smoke error

And here are the device details:

Device Details

Anything else I can provide that's helpful?

There is a new driver that resolves this .. Generic Z-Wave Plus Smoke/Co Detector

1 Like

Ah, ok. I just used the generic driver that was assigned when it included. I've swapped over to the plus version. Thanks!

1 Like

Did you include it after upgrading to 2.2.4 or before? ..

After. To be fair, I did swap over to the old v1 community driver just to see the difference, and then back. It may have included with the plus driver and I just didn't notice, switching back to the non-plus version after my tinkering. Let me include another one (I have several to go) and see what it chooses.

Edit: OK, my mistake. It chooses the plus version of the driver when including... I just didn't catch it the 1st time around.

Edit #2: on both smoke/co alarms I did notice that there's no scheduled job to disable debug logging. Is this expected? In 2.2.3.148 all of my devices had a default "debug disable" job scheduled to take place a little while after inclusion.

Hey team,
I've 4 First Alert Z-Combo Generation 2 devices (these are the only zwave devices in my network for now). Recently I upgraded to 2.2.4.139. I excluded all of them from the network and included 4 of them. HE found them with "Generic Z-Wave Plus Smoke/Co Detector" driver which is great.

I've 2 questions.

• When I do a test from the device, I only see the "battery level" and the "smoke" status in the logs but not the "carbonmonoxide" status. (I confirm it with dashboard app. The carbonmonoxide indicator doesn't turn to "tested" status)
  • In my Z-wave Topology screen, I see something like this. (attached a screenshot). Is that normal? I ran "repair zwave" couple of times. But it didn't work. :cry:

Thanks!

zwave_topology|485x500

Edit: I'm using C-7 by the way.