Firmware itch

I don't think you could find a better test group than the Hubitat Dev's to help test/refine/validate the code. I think their main reason for not doing it was the time it would take to develop, instead of working on other issues.

Adding well written and refined code isn't as hard as developing it from scratch.

haha yeah I'm almost to the point I cant wait myself. Had to sent back my Hub before the 30 day return was up because it didn't work properly with Alexa and color bulbs which will hopefully be resolved in the next update.

With Wink screwing up on the daily now I'm on the verge of being forced into ordering SmartThings.

That’s a hoot :wink:. I have around 15 alexa devices and the idiosyncrasies of Hubitat implementation have not once made me ponder even the thought of moving devices back to SmartThings. After having everything locally controlled, I could never go back to waiting for cloud response on everything. I still have it to run Echo Speaks and a couple misbehaving outlets, but that’s it.

2 Likes

And we all know ST is 100% reliable. Never any failures. :wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes

aHH

He replied so... does that mean 'No'

.. possibly a while then

Don't ask me for the lottery numbers !

So many permutations, thank Bryan

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

How long has it been since the last update?

giphy (2)

1 Like

If y’all want faster updates.. Sign up for the beta program..

Not sure I am ready for that. I don't have a second hub, and everything is working fine. Just bored and I am sure this will speed up the development crew if they knew how we were all sitting with our finger on the update button.

giphy 3

I’m sure no one is just sitting around.. :crazy_face:

Tired of being in the house. The weather isn't quite good enough to be outdoors for too long, and we are supposed to not travel, shop, or whatever.

Not going crazy yet, but yea.

Start coding :partying_face:

2 Likes

That would be nice, but it just does not click for some reason. I have tried multiple times, and all I do is get frustrated.

I can repair most anything on a car, I can fix or build nearly everything for a house, I can grow flowers and garden, but math and coding are two things that just don't work for me.

I get that way a lot with coding and most of the time it's because I'm trying to learn or code something that I'm really not interested in. If you ever decide you want to learn and have something you really want then it becomes easier. Not easy just easier as you have a interest. Some languages are just crappy to try and start learning with too.

4 Likes

It's here, it's here. The new firmware is here

3 Likes

Who's dived in yet? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I have 4 hubs on v2.20

No problems detected. :smiley:

1 Like

Scratch, scratch, scratch. I just scratched my itch. Up and running on 3 hubs.

1 Like