Firmware itch

I got the itch for a firmware upgrade but none for a long time. Anything good coming?

2 Likes

Probably my optimism, but it has been about 2 months (Feb 21) since the last major update, or 6 weeks (Mar 3) from the last bugfix, so they must be doing something major, right? :interrobang:

Maybe we should post our guesses for what they will reveal, and a date? :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

We know they're working on 2.2.0, and they teased some of the changes in the last Hubitat Live episode:

• Button Controller returning as a standalone app (Rule Machine with "Button Device" remains but is no longer the only option for new users)
  • Simple Lighting renamed to Simple Automation Rules (with a couple minor additions) to showcase that it can handle lots of simple automations beyond lighting
  • probably other things that I forgot about ... and some I know about but am not allowed to say because I don't think they're public yet. :laughing: (You can glean the rest from comments staff have made on other posts.)
4 Likes

To add to your list, the things I remember are:

• Built-in support for Shelly devices
  • Fixed Honeywell T6 zwave+ thermostat driver
3 Likes

Somone mentioned Maker API input strings being implemented. I'm not sure though.

3 Likes

Yup - that was @JasonJoel

1 Like

As is the case with most companies that release updates on a regular schedule.. When there is a lapse in the normal timeframe.. It usually means big things are coming.. Bigger changes take more time to bake..

4 Likes

I was just thinking about this last night. We're like a bunch of addicts looking for their next fix, except this isn't destroying our life and alienating all our friends :nerd_face:

4 Likes

That is so true.. I wait anxiously for my next amazon or ebay shipment of my next HA toy ... And for each and every update to HE..

Speaking of which.. we should be due a new episode of Hubitat Live?

2 Likes

Hubitat Live - the Hunker in your hi-tech Bunker edition :joy:

8 Likes

Here is my take of what is coming:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat_Documentation:Hubitat_Elevation_Documentation_v1

Not all of it is finished, but there are some hidden gems there. Funny I just basically Googled (is Duck Duck Goed a verb too?) hidden documentation site:hubitat.com and this came up.

yep - put me down for a update itch as well.

2 Likes

I'm sticking with my theory @bcopeland's zwave updater is part of the release. I'll take silence on the matter as confirmation :wink:

2 Likes

As cool as that would be I'm going say no because I think @bcopeland wants to do more testing/validating before unleashing it.

1 Like

How exactly would silence be confirmation? :wink:

Nobody's saying I am wrong, so naturally I must be right :wink:

2 Likes

I don't think you could find a better test group than the Hubitat Dev's to help test/refine/validate the code. I think their main reason for not doing it was the time it would take to develop, instead of working on other issues.

Adding well written and refined code isn't as hard as developing it from scratch.

haha yeah I'm almost to the point I cant wait myself. Had to sent back my Hub before the 30 day return was up because it didn't work properly with Alexa and color bulbs which will hopefully be resolved in the next update.

With Wink screwing up on the daily now I'm on the verge of being forced into ordering SmartThings.

That’s a hoot :wink:. I have around 15 alexa devices and the idiosyncrasies of Hubitat implementation have not once made me ponder even the thought of moving devices back to SmartThings. After having everything locally controlled, I could never go back to waiting for cloud response on everything. I still have it to run Echo Speaks and a couple misbehaving outlets, but that’s it.

2 Likes

And we all know ST is 100% reliable. Never any failures. :wink:

2 Likes