Fibaro Z-Wave Double Switch 2

Hi guys,

First time poster here! I've had a great time reading through some of the posts on here! I'm quite a novice when it comes to home automation and dont have a coding background at all.

I am currently building a home from scratch (in Australia), our electrician is going in next week to install all the lighting fixtures. I want to make them "smart". I've decided against smart lights as it'll be expensive to install individual smart lights. Instead I've found the following which should do the job, modules that sit behind the switch plates, which I can get my electrician to install:

Fibaro Z-Wave Single Switch 2

Fibaro Z-Wave Double Switch 2 (2 way light control)

Fibaro Z-Wave Dimmer 2 (for the rooms which I want to dim)

For the hub, I was intially recommended Aeotec (Smartthings), but I've settled on Hubitat due to its numerous positives (mainly local control). My main purpose is to use Hubitat as a bridge for native integration to either apple homekit or google home (or both if possible) - we have a mix of pixle and iphone users at home.

The only problem with my plan is that from the compatibility list I've seen posted on this forum, the Fibaro Z-Wave Double Switch 2 seems to be missing.

So i wanted to ask the experts what options I really have? Thank you for your responses and time :slight_smile:

Hi,

This is not so much a recomendation but rather a few notes:

Regarding Aeotec - you still can use their "nano" devices with HE

Regarding Fibaro - there were atleast custom drivers on the forum (makes sense to search for them and read related topics to get solid info and feedback)

Also there are other options (not only z-wave) like shelly (preferably 2nd gen; Wi-Fi with local control [non-cloud]), something zigbee based from Zooz also could be an option if z-wave is not a strict requirement (these were mostly out of my insterest so cannot say anything more about it)

I can speak for Fibaro single and double switches. I use them for 3 years now using the community drivers. It works.
I do not use dimmers.
So, you can go with Fibaro or look for a much cheaper Zigbee option. Most Aqara single and double switches module will do the job for. They can be bought from AliExpress under many different names.
Look for Aqara Zigbee switches in the forum and you’ll find a lot of info.
If you are planning on other Zigbee devices it might makes even more sense to utilize Zigbee for lights as well.

please may someone detail how to get the second switch working? I can only get the 1st switch. It's been included via the fibaro switch choice when you add the device

I don't see the double switch on the official compatibility list, you might need a custom/user driver to get it working for both endpoints. I searched the forums and saw one that is very old. may not work on the current model not sure. If you post the exact model of what you have people might be able to help better.

Thank you. It's The Double Switch 2. FIBEFGS-223

Found this driver: [Release] Fibaro FGS-224, FGS-223 and FGS-222

Also found this post: Fibaro Switch FGS223
Which references the same driver.

Looks like cjcharles has possibly forked the original driver from erocm123 and updated it.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate it

1 Like