Fibaro Smart Implant

is it possible to use the smart implant inputs with such open door contact sensor?

Yes, it is a reed switch, open or close, just like a regular switch.

1 Like

May be trivial, but which are the differences between Implant device and a Shelly 1 other than wifi/Zwave protocol?

From what I read, the Shelly seems to be more oriented toward line voltage appliance control with a 16 amps integral relay. You could do the same with the Fibaro but would need to add an external relay which can be bulky. Fibaro would also not take directly line voltage for power...

Not too sure how building code would work with those devices.

Beyond that, Fibaro has 2 low voltage input/output + temperature sensors, Shelly only has 1 input/output line volttage. The Fibaro input can also be analog.

Yes, its normally detection 12v or 0v, after moving the magnetic contacts.
How is it possible to make it working with the dashboard status ICON? 12v = closed, 0v = open

The best way is probably to

• Connect the contact switch between the input and ground (NO pull-up or pull-down)
  • Configure the input as a normally open or closed alarm input
  • Add the corresponding Digital Input Child device to the Dashboard as a contact sensor or door status or something like that

I had to change the code a bit for this to work with the dashboard so you need to update your code.

Digital ? not analog?
Thought that the digital ones work only with the Fibaro DS18B20 and DHT22 sensor.

Those would be connected to the sp/sd leads of the device and show up as temperature sensors. Input leads IN1 and IN2 can be configured as analog or digital or buttons or alarms... With the alarm mode, the device sends a notification every time the contact state changes.

1 Like

ok, cool.
Just updated the code and will be testing.
As always, appreciate your help :slight_smile:

The dashboard seems still to have some issues.
Went through those steps:

• Connect the switch between the input and ground
  • Configure the input as a normally open or closed alarm input
  • Add the corresponding Digital Input Child device to the Dashboard as a contact sensor or door status or something like that

Outcome:

I don't understand why you have two Analog Input 1 showing there, need to correct that (maybe you pasted the code in the wrong child driver?). In any case you want to use "Digital Input" 1 or 2.

True, after selecting digital in the dashboard it's working.
All good with the two analog inputs, as I added two smart implants.

Great, happy it works.

Just got my implant and installed this. Worked perfectly on the first try with 2 Switches and 3 external temperature sensors.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @christi999
First of all, thanks for the great work on making this driver. I know it is no small task! I just tried to install the full package (all 5 drivers) and I'm getting an error when installing the main driver file. I'm getting the following error. Any advice?

unable to resolve class hubitat.zwave.commands.sensormultilevelv11.SensorMultilevelReport @ line 327, column 20. unable to resolve class hubitat.zwave.commands.basicv2.BasicSet @ line 349, column 20. unable to resolve class hubitat.zwave.commands.basicv2.BasicSet @ line 357, column 20. unable to resolve class hubitat.zwave.commands.basicv2.BasicSet @ line 376, column 20. unable to resolve class hubitat.zwave.commands.notificationv8.NotificationReport @ line 431, column 24. unable to resolve class hubitat.zwave.commands.notificationv8.NotificationReport @ line 462, column 24. unable to resolve class hubitat.zwave.commands.centralscenev3.CentralSceneNotification @ line 516, column 20.

Doh! That'll teach me not to run my hub update. Sorted - works like a charm! Thanks for the great work. Cheers

1 Like

Thank you for this.
Using it now, works perfect for my smartish, doorbell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@diySmartHomeGuy, thank you for introducing the Fibaro Smart Implant to me via your video and for the additional instructions and parts lists on your site.

@christi999, thank you so much for the updated drivers! I just installed my first smart implant yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed reverse-engineering the old alarm system in our new home and discovering all the existing door and window sensors. :grin:

Even though I set up the drivers as directed, the digital inputs didn't register closed or open until I actually closed and opened the doors for the first time. Due to my ignorance, I thought something was wrong because I didn't understand why the digital inputs didn't show anything at all, and so I removed and reset the implant, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and configured everything all over again. Then I started opening and closing the connected doors while having all the device status pages and the log open in different browser tabs on my phone just to see what was happening. LOL! It's working beautifully now. As an aside, my door sensors had to be set to "Normally open alarm input (Notification)".

I think it would be helpful for others if it's noted in the driver installation instructions (preferably in the GitHub readme) to indicate that once you've set up the device and the attached door/window sensors, you may have to open and close those attached doors/windows before the digital child devices will register status.

Again, thank you so much for all your hard work to make this available to us!!

@luniel, glad it works. As you suggested, I will add some comments in the readme file. As for the normally open/closed, I had planned to check that but it fell through the cracks. Changing it now if necessary would probably create more problem than it is worth for people already using it, if they ever updated the driver.

I believe there is a bug with the smart implants that I need to verify. I ran into it while testing today. While browsing their forums I also saw mention of this.

When the power is reset on the device, the inputs get triggered. So if you are using it for an alarm if the power goes out or flickers just enough, the alarm will start going off. Equally as dangerous if using to control a garage door. I'll try and investigate more tomorrow.

But so far, I'm not really happy with how the smart implant works. Not really doing features it was advertised to do.

I couldn't replicate this on my system. Upon power on (after a power cycle or power glitch), all I get from the implant are 2 switch binary reports indicating the current state of the 2 outputs. I never got any notification message that would indicate an alarm was triggered, I tried both NO and NC.

As far as your other post in Implant Support, I get the same result, output 2 is linked to input 2 even with local protection enabled, so that seem to be a bug in the implant firmware. I use input 2 as analog so I never noticed it before.