Fibaro RGBW - switchColorV3

In attempting to port over the Fibaro RGBW driver that I've been using elsewhere, I've noticed that the logs for the driver are reporting:

No such property: switchColorV3 for class: hubitat.zwave.Zwave on line 163

The code is available at:

Is switchColorV3 not available or is there some other way to access it?

The switch color class is not implemented at this time. I’m almost done with a built in driver for this device, and now that someone other than me wants it, the priority just went up.
The original fibaro code has the raw commands implemented, so you can go that route or wait for me to finish the stock one.

4 Likes

Thanks Mike. I’ll shift focus onto other things while you work on this!

Any update on this Mike?
I’m also eagerly awaiting a driver for my many Fibaro RGBW controllers

Andy

1 Like

Will this be usable both for RGBW strips and for individual white lights on each channel?

I may want to use one Fibaro module to control four separate light circuits. Each one switched via the IN1-4 input lines and then one white light on the RGBW output circuits. The Fibaro docs indicate being able to do this.

https://manuals.fibaro.com/rgbw/

I’m considering using these to modernize some lighting on a boat. I’m going to change all the existing bulbs to LED and potentially use the Fibaro units to take switch inputs as on/off. Everything’s already 12v so that’ll be one less complication. For a few circuits that are relatively close to one-another it’d be convenient to use a single module to control them. For a few new locations it’ll be nice to use it for RGBW strip lighting.

It’d be great to have the ability for one module to control multiple lights. Would the software allow seeing the separate circuits as individual lights?

1 Like

Do you intend to put a Hubitat hub on the boat?

1 Like

Yes, potentially, if it supports enough of the devices I’ll have onboard.

There’s also going to be a device called a FloatHub onboard, and it interfaces with up to 3 battery banks and 3 bilge pumps (for monitoring them). That and tapping into the NMEA-0183 data bus for GPS and other navigational data.

There’s also an NMEA-2000 bus on the boat, with data from a variety of drivetrain instruments along with two C-12 caterpillar diesel engines with a J1939 CANBUS. Much of this also connects to an Ethernet network with data for RADAR and a Wifi/cellular uplink bridge.

My immediate goal is remote monitoring of the batteries/bilges and that’ll get handled largely by the FloatHub. It’ll go out through the on-board Wirie wifi/cell uplink.

The next step being remote camera monitoring, which will likely get handled by a 4-channel Axis M7014 video encoder. That has the ability to feed into the Furuno chartplotters via MJPEG, but also supports it’s own on-board motion detecting and alerting. The four Furuno MFD12 chartplotters are not the latest and greatest and are limited in what video resolutions they’ll support. So I’m using a video encoder that supports analog cameras. Additionally the encoder supports motion detecting and alerting, so that comes along ‘for free’. This as opposed to four separate IP cameras. I’m looking into FLIR night-vision but that’s not an immediate priority as we don’t do a lot of boating after dark.

Beyond that the Hub could be handy in handling remote turn off of gear if battery levels become too low. Doesn’t do me much good to have a lot of gizmos draining batteries in the process of babysitting the boat. So a Hub being in charge of relays, coupled with some scripting could be useful in killing power when necessary.

Eventually, if connectivity proves consistent, I’ll likely add an Amazon Echo for voice control. For audio and lighting but perhaps other functionality if scripting and 12v circuit control proves viable.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

You can add me as another person wanting to use this device... I'd do the handler myself but as the class isn't implemented it's out of my hands.

Any thoughts on when this might go live?

2 Likes

Switch color v1, 2 and 3 are in the current release, I have not had time to test them with a real device, so I’ve been mute on the topic.
One of the more typical locations where you might find documentation on zwave command class implementations has none for this class, further the existing undocumented implementation is incomplete and inconsistent.
I will answer a question or two about this class, but we aren’t at a point where we’re going to document it right now.
This means if you’re reasonably versed in zwave you should be able to use it, but I don’t have the time currently to help you use it.
I will write a driver for this and the qubino controller, I just can’t say when.

1 Like

Hi @mike.maxwell
any updates on a driver for this yet?

1 Like

4 months, that's embarrassing...
I'm currently 1500 miles from these devices, so unfortunately it's going to be a bit longer.

1 Like

COunt me in as one needing this driver as well. Will you have a color wheel included?

1 Like

Count me in for both (fibaro and qubino).

I've had semi-luck with the Todd Wackfords version over on the ST forum. I say semi because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. With enough manic relentless button presses I can sometimes get what I want.

@mike.maxwell has a driver been made yet?

Does anyone have a decent DH for the fibaro RGBW controller? i need to be able to set the level of each output separately in its capability.

The closest I've been able to come is the Robin WInbourne (sp?) version. But I couldn't figure out how to control the lights properly. Could be the driver, could be the operator (me).

BTW it is the only device keeping my VeraPlus off ebay.

I keep hoping with every release the Fibaro 441 RGBW driver will be included. Pretty soon I'll have to pull my VeraPlus offline and do without the Fibaro if I want to sell it during the holiday season.

@mike.maxwell Any luck with the logistics to work on this driver?

John

I should be back on that tomorrow, I picked it up for 10 minutes last week, then had other issues that took priority.

1 Like

What are you all doing with the white channel?, this things a bit weird in that it's more like an rgb controller and a standard dimmer in one unit.
So I'm stuck trying to figure who owns setLevel, and switch, it can't belong to both the rgb and white channel.
Maybe an optional child device specifically for the white channel?
Normally W here translates into color temperature, and while possible to coerce this thing in that direction, I just don't have the time nor the patience to map rgb + w into Kelvin...

@mike.maxwell

I will be using the White channel for "normal" light and the RGB for "mood" lighting. A child device for the white is fine with me. Heck I would be happy to have intensity sliders for each channel.

Also not all my installations have the white channel.

John

2 Likes