Fibaro Drivers that not working Whats happening?

Any ETA of 224 ?
Dont forget the Fibaro Dimmer 2 that dont work as i should (often shows wrong state )

That was fixed by altering the driver.
It is documented in other threads.
Since 2.2.3 and z-wave updates, I agree Fibaro devices are a nightmare.
I've raised it but I'm afraid the silence is deafening.

If you choose community drivers things could stop working which is understandable but built-in drivers should always work or be fixed if a bug is introduced.

I got rid of all Z-wave devices and all Zigbee switches and dimmer and went with Shelly, never have things worked so good even compared to when I was running Home Assistant with Z-Stick and Conbee. Both response and feedback are instant, no more delays, no more crashed Z-Wave or Zigbee network, no more hub slowdowns and I'm still on 2.2.2!

Looks like the Shelly devices are a reasonable price too.
Never looked at these before.
I've started to go down the Qubino route.
These work well too.

There's not much point in us yammering on for the sake of yammering..., anyway.
The issue in part with some (if not all) of the fibaro drivers has to do with a change from silicon labs in how they deal with multi channel frames, prior to the zwave firmware update on the c7, they were passing these through for processing, now they are not.
They are stating this change was by design and have transfered the issue to the specifications team to explain...
Unfortunatly I could give a crap about why spec changed this, all I care about is how to fix it...

1 Like

What problems are you having with the Dimmer 2s? I have many of these installed, and I don't seem to have any problems. Are your issues known to be specific to the C-7 hub? I have one of the earlier hubs.

One tip about the parameters: Are you aware that you can set any parameters you want using the "Basic Z-Wave Tool" custom driver? (Switch over to that driver temporarily to check/set your parameters, then switch back to the actual driver)

Yes is only a problem on C-7 hubs they work fine on the rest.

Dang not great news. I think its time for me to drop zwave. It has been nothing but challenges for me on hubitat. Who knows how long getting all these bugs sorted out will take. I know its a new chipset but it does not seem it was tested very well before selling to hubitat for a consumer product.

As @mike.maxwell mentioned this is not a hubitat issue so not much they can do about, just hope that they can work out a solution. The C-7 is also the 1st 700 series hubs, so things like this are likely to be found. It doesn't make it any less frustrating, it just goes some way to explain the situation they/ we are in.

I did not onock hubitat at all (why does everyone assume that?) The issue is clearly on silicon labs. Seems strange they tout 100% compatibility with old devices/version. But seems its really not the case if they are making changes that break things.

Like I said my personal zwave experience has been bad and am considering dropping it all together.

A bunch of folks sitting in a building writing out specification documents littered with must, shall and should, is very different than implementing must, shall and should then running this a production environment with hundreds if not thousands of different devices...

As we've seen certification of anything doesn't guarantee, well, anything...

1 Like

Lol this is why I save lives for a living. At least we know enough to call it practicing...

2 Likes

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks this is the first I have heard of this and now I know. I was left thinking that it was exclusively to do with the 2.2.3 zwave update that caused the problem.

Couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Bad news regarding the Fibaro UBS (FGBS-001), this device will not work with a C7 hub.
The device was not compliant with spec when certified and won't be supported on 700 series hubs, this isn't a Hubitat issue, this was a decision that silicon labs made to not further support legacy devices that aren't compliant with spec.

I imagine it could be resolved by Fibaro via a firmware update, but that's not something that we can drive.

There is no changing silabs stance on this, one could only pester fibaro directly in the hope they would update the firmware on this device, but there's likely little incentive for them to do so.

There are no issues with the Implant device which seems to be the replacement for the UBS.

And there we have it. Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Oh no that's bad news since I have a lot of them..But nothing to do about it. I hope the Shelly Uni will be a competitor since its low price (but with that comes other stuff). I have tested a Fibaro Smart implant and it works great with the C7 but they cost 4 times more than a Shelly UNI. Thanx for investigating this in to the bone.
/Mattias

No chance of this it's too old, I had asked awhile ago, I don't believe it even has a bootloader. So it would be a manual pic even if they changed stance.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why would the UBS device not work on the C7 hub?

I just bought a Fibaro Implant on the basis my UBS devices won't work, and have set that up successfully. However after doing the transfer I moved the UBS over aswell, and can see the variou payloads arriving in Live logging? Am I missing something but it seems a payload of 0A FF and 0B FF correspond to open/closed on contact 1, while 14 FF and 15 FF correspond to open/closed on contact 2.....

Thanks!

Not sure because i have mine working, I just had to use the scene events rather than the normal contact events. maybe something has changed if your seeing those events? @bcopeland?

Are the payloads I mention what you would expect as a scene event? Or is this something different? (I dont use scenes at all, and have never configured them, but I guess they may be enabled by default)

Probably shouldnt have bothered buying the Implant if I can get this working.....